Job Title: Warehouse & Logistics Manager
Duration: Full time / permanent
Start Date: March
Location: Markham, ON
Work hours: 40 hours per week – daily work hours 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
The Role of the Warehouse and Logistics Manager will execute various functions alongside the team daily while also maintaining a holistic and strategic overview of the operations to constantly coach/grow and delegate to team members while optimizing processes to enable simplicity and greater levels of output. The Warehouse and logistics manager will also own Inventory management, flow, efficiency and accuracy and enforce among team members. The role will also ensure all incoming and outgoing orders are scheduled as per standard company procedures in a timely manner and with clear and respectful communication between departments, clients and vendors.
This role will be require constantly learning, develop and growth to have a meaningful impact on the team and business and will focus on the following areas:
- Directs the efficient and cost-effective operation of the warehouse.
- Creation or improvement of standard operating procedures to support efficiency and accuracy throughout operation
- Responsible for budgeting, supplies, facility and equipment operation.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for associates and assets.
- Monitors the day to day activities of warehouse operations including but not limited to pick-pack-shipping operations, inventory control, material receiving and put away.
- Provide information, analysis, and recommendations on overall warehouse operation to Directors
- Ensure all cross-functional areas operate in a smooth and accurate fashion with the least amount of disruptions and communicate all goals and objectives to all team leaders within area.
- People management responsibilities include hiring strong team members, onboarding/training, driving accountability, planning/assigning responsibilities, team member reviews, addressing performance issues and resolving problems.
- Provide direction and coaching daily to team, with the ultimate goal of self-sufficiency and retention among team members.
- Inspiring the team and embodying core values in everything you do.
Logistics & Inventory
- Manages inbound and outbound scheduling, pickups and all requirements related to the receipt/release of goods, reconciliation, and claims.
- Oversee all outbound activities and requirements related to order-filling and shipping.
- Relationship management and negotiation with providers including Major and local Carriers, 3PLs and other logistics providers
- Be subject matter expert in tariffs/duties related to exports and provide insights back to the team.
- Administer overall daily inventory management across multiple locations, ensure inventory health and productivity, accuracy, and implement loss prevention programs for accuracy.
Vendor/Client Communications and relations
- Providing Prompt, Courteous and respectful responses to clients and vendors, resolving any issues and always delivering the best experience.
- Maintaining privacy as per company policies
Required Education / experience
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or a related field from an accredited college or university and/or 5+ years of progressive responsibility in a distribution/warehouse environment.
- Previous supervisory/people management experience (hired or fired staff members)
Skills and Capabilities (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Strong work ethic and ability to be on your feet and conduct physical/manual labour
- Strong Attention to detail
- Open to learning and coachable (Open to feedback, growth and development)
- Ability to work well with others in a group, cooperate with others, offer to help when needed, and foster a team climate within the group where members are committed to a common goal
- Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities, or procedures, or to reschedule activities in response to changing conditions or multiple work demands
- Ability to understand written material and ability to write using correct spelling and punctuation; strong mathematical skills for computing weight/dims/costs/etc.
- High Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products and able to easily learn other programs (Carrier programs, Inventory Management systems
- High energy, positive attitude, self-motivated with the ability to work independently without close supervision to meet department units and production needs
- Ability to work overtime and off shifts as needed during crucial periods
- Proven leadership, coaching and training skills
- Ability to prioritize and establish goals to achieve department/company objectives and performance targets
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience working with major carriers and warehouse/inventory systems
- Process efficiency certification (ie. Green/Black Belt /Lean Six Sigma/5S)
- Professional Warehouse Certifications
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Lift Truck Trained/ Experienced
- Logistics: 5 years (Preferred)
- Warehousing: 5 years (Preferred)
- People/Team Leadership: 5 years (Required) – Will manage up to 10
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)