Job Title: VMWare Solutions Architect (Remote)
Type: Contract - 4 Months
Location: Fully Remote
Start Date: May 31, 2021
End Date: September 30, 2021
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday/ 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
As a senior technical lead on VMware platforms and technologies, your day to day activities will include both internal an customer facing deployments, support, troubleshooting and design.
- Design and architecture of VMware based solutions
- Leverage knowledge of VMware products like vCenter and ESXi as a basis for more complex architectures that include other products like NSX-T, vRA, vRO, vROps, Tanzu and others
- Assist and coordinate with network teams to troubleshoot cabling and network issues, ie MTU mismatch, improper vlan config and tagging etc.
- Manage the holistic enterprise architecture relationship with customers by collaborating with specialists, product management, engineering, and more.
- Work remotely via vpn and zoom/webex like technologies to access remote environments.
Solution Architecture and Engineering. Our Solution Architecture and Engineering team focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end success with technology. Our diverse team of industry experts work collaboratively in concert with each other and our clients to build industry leading architectures. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Qualifications/ Demonstrable skills
- 5+ years of operational experience with VMware based virtual platforms
- 5+ years of operational experience with VMware Sphere (ESXi & vCenter)
- 5+ years working with automation platforms and installations
- 5+ years working with remote bare metal installation and automation platforms
- 5+ years of installation and operational experience with additional VMware platforms like vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestration, Tanzu, vRealize Operations Manager
- 5+ years operational and installation experience with NSX environments.
- 3+ years of operational experience with VMware Cloud Director environments
- 2+ years of operational experience with Cloud environments
- Solid understanding of routing and switching concepts and technology, layer 2/3 switching, advanced routing
- Experience in a 24/7/365, multi-tiered large scale production environment.
- VMware Certified Professional 6+ (VCP6 or higher, VCDX preferred)
- VMware NSX-T certifications (current)
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining a large VMware vCloud environment
- Ability to work in Canada
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- VMware Tanzu and Kubernetes experience strongly desired
- CCNA or comparable network certification
- Experience with Telecoms and large Enterprise network topologies and architectures
- Knowledge of powershell, Ansible, python, J2EE, .NET, or other scripting technologies
- General knowledge of cloud based storage, networking, security and configuration.
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management, user and system authentication methods and certificates, tokens and certificate management
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new information quickly
- Understanding of large-scale computing solutions and the enterprise technology buying and evaluation process.
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries, build relationships, and achieve broader organizational goals.
- Ability to deliver results and work cross-functionally. Ability to engage/influence audiences and identify expansion engagements.
- Experienced, persuasive and effective presenter, both written and verbal.
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and rapidly changing priorities.