- Title: Data Center Field Engineer (Mid Level)
- Term: 12 months Contract
- Location: Calgary, AB
Our client is currently looking for Data Center Field Engineer who is local by Calgary and lives within the vicinity or metro area or commutable region of the market supported.
- Document, plan and implement heterogeneous SAN/NAS, Hyperconverged Products.
- Core / Edge, L2/L3 Networks & SDN (Software define Networking).
- Document, plan and implement advanced software (e.g. Replication, Snapshot technology, Disaster recovery, SQL)
- Backup production readiness (e.g. Backup software planning and/or deployment)
- Storage upgrades (heterogeneous, layered apps)
- Enclosure/host adds (non-Windows)
- Virtualization implementation planning (VMware and/or HyperV)
- Data migration
- iSCSI/FC/FCoE related Switch Configuration
- Customer facing remote and onsite deployment of solutions
- Strong experience with Hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V, AHV)
- Strong experience with Layer 2/3 switching
- Expertise in Hyper Converged Infrastructure
- Expertise in SAN including iSCSI and Fiber Channel, FCoE, Windows, Linux, VMware, Force10, Brocade.
- Experience with Data Migration, Replication, methodologies and tools
- Experience in data protection technology, basic concept and approach
- Ability to travel to customer locations
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule and react to business needs 24x7
- Ability to lift/carry weight up to 50 lbs
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Capable of effectively articulating company’s service value proposition to customers
- Provide leadership during "critical situations" and demonstrate poise and professionalism
- VCP, CCNA, RHCE/T, MCSE, BCFP certifications are a plus
- 5+ years of related industry experience with Bachelor's Degree
Nice to Have Skills:
- Basic knowledge of Networking (Cisco)