Job Title: Transition Manager
Type: Contract - 12 month
Location: Edmonton, AB
· We are looking for a transition manager that will be responsible for overall execution of a new services Transition Program.
· The candidate will be accountable for all facets of the transition program including initiation, planning execution, control and closure for applications and infrastructure transition and implementation.
· Key to the success of this role are the following:
o Coordinating internal, client and third-party executive, management and technical teams and completing the transition as scheduled with minimal or no impact to the client business.
o Oversees all aspects of the Transition Program, through service commencement and turnover to Operations.
· Plan and conduct Knowledge Transfer activities:
o Collect information and knowledge about customer IT organization, processes, IT infrastructure, applications, etc. which will need to be disseminated and structured in order for client to be able to deliver contracted services to our customer.
o Travel as needed to the customer site to conduct these knowledge transfer activities.
· Knowledge Transfer activities will benefit the Service Desk, Deskside Support and Shared Services Infrastructure Teams (SMC, MI, etc.).
· Be able to coordinate and lead the entire transition team for this new account implementation, with little supervision from management;
· Deliver customer assessment documents, contractually required, and, at times, assessment documents that will help recruitment or the projects implementation manager.
· Manage and coordinate the efforts of all transition work stream leads and project managers.
· Create and manage all transition project collateral, including plans, charters, initiation documentation and other relevant project documentation.
· 10+ years of related experience leading and managing large scale IT programs, including service delivery contracts, mission critical programs, IT infrastructure systems and solution development.
· 10+ years demonstrable and firsthand experience of leading and running large scale, multi-stream transition programs.
Transition Manager- Must Haves
· Looking for someone that is coveted in Project Management (ideally has PMP)
· Very strong understanding of IT PM
· Must come from a strong technical background and worked on technical transitions
· Needs a Dynamic personality, someone who is able to deal with internal/external stakeholders and able to deal with people from multiple different backgrounds/personalities.
Aspects of personality/soft skills required:
o Synthesizes complex or diverse information
o Collects and researches data
o Uses intuition and experience to complement data
o Designs workflows and procedures.
· Problem Solving
o Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
o Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
o Develops alternative solutions
o Works well in group problem solving situations
o Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Project Management
o Develops project plans
o Coordinates projects
o Communicates changes and progress
o Completes projects on time and budget
o Manages project team activities.
· Customer Service
o Manages difficult or emotional customer situations