Job Title: Technical Writer
Type: Contract (6 months)
Location: St. Catharines, ON L2M 5V6
Starts: October 12, 2020
Our client is currently looking for a Technical Writer to add into their growing organization.
- Advanced level of experience using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Visio, Word) to compose technical collateral for software applications and application programming interfaces (APIs).
- Experience using software developer code comments to assist in building technical documentation.
- Experience conducting interviews and collaborating with technical resources in a software development environment.
- Hands-on familiarity using Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Illustrator, Photoshop) for basic image manipulation.
- Hands-on familiarity using knowledgebases (SharePoint) and learning management systems (Moodle).
- Create technical documentation.
- Broad understanding of building documents, standards SOP's, and user accounts.
- Assist in development tasks.
- Plan, develop, organize, write, and edit operational procedures and manuals.
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking.