- Job Title: Technical Support Analyst Applications
- Contract: 3 month (Possibility of 3 months extension)
- Location: North York, ON
- Starts: August 12th, 2019
The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for the implementation, administration, and technical support of company’s Wintel Active Directory environment from an installed applications perspective. The Technical Support Analyst will combine solid technical knowledge, strong analytical skill and hands-on working experience in the administration and support of the Windows/Linux x86 platform, maintaining a highly secure, reliable and optimized operating environment. The Technical Support Analyst of Applications will report directly to the Team Lead of Technical Support and Services, Applications.
- Focus on Skype for business 2015 (on-Prem) and Exchange 2016 server-side experience (with O365 exchange online).
- Administration, maintenance and technical support Enterprise Active Directory, Microsoft suite of products (SharePoint, SCCM, SCOM, Office 365, Exchange, Orchestrator, Skype for Business), CyberArk, Basware and other in-house applications.
- Administration, maintenance and technical support of the McAfee Endpoint Advanced suite of products.
- Implementation, administration and maintenance initiatives of the mobile environment, from server to user handhelds.
- Procurement, administration and support of mobile devices such as Androids, iPhones, iPads and mobile hubs.
- Assist with the administration and maintenance of an Enterprise Active Directory environment.
- Administration and support of the MAC backend environment.
- Assist with the forecasting of Windows/Linux technology capacity requirements as per refresh schedule, as well based on business and internal IT infrastructure growth.
- Provide 24x7 support for Active Directory Wintel Server applications in a production environment as required.
- Assist with the administration, maintenance, optimization, operating system patch management and technical support of the production and development environments.
- Must ensure availability, reliability and scalability of all Windows/Linux servers/storage which includes all application, file and print and BCP servers.
- Evaluate and recommend server-based solutions to meet changing business requirements to allow staff to work and support the business remotely.
- Coordinate and ensure compliance with Windows/Linux Server disaster recovery and contingency plans to assure the rapid recovery of systems in the event of an emergency of disaster.
- Required to be available outside normal business hours.
- Required to carry mobile device and pager to handle 7x24 support issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- 3+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in system administration supporting a large scale, mission critical enterprise infrastructure
- Technical Skills
- Hands-on and in-depth knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016, domain controllers and replication, Microsoft Active Directory Integrated DNS, LAN/WAN topology, Office 2013/2016, Windows7/10
- Working knowledge of routing, VPN, firewall and system security
- Excellent knowledge of and hands-on working experience with Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, IIS, SCCM, SCOM, Skype for Business
- Solid troubleshooting abilities, both proactive and reactive
- Demonstrated excellence in documenting complex enterprise level systems and procedures
- Able to proactively share and communicate complex technical and procedural information
- Logical thinker, step-oriented problem solving
- Good verbal and written communications, including presentation skills
- Strong team player who is confident and challenged in a fast-paced environment supporting a wide range of technologies