Job Title: Bilingual Bid/Proposal Manager
Type: Contract (12 month)
Our client is currently looking for a Leader for Bid and Proposal Management. They will lead the bidding team and the company to develop compelling winning proposals that meet the clients' demands without compromising their high standards of business integrity. The Bid/Proposal Manager will manage all submission activities in accordance with winning company best practices, from initial client contact to contract signing, including developing the submission strategy, plan and budget to enable response submission calls for tenders on time, at cost and to the required quality standards.
- Visibility: Manages the visual design of the proposal and ensures that all graphics in the proposal are designed in a common format.
- Risk management: Works with the program manager to identify, analyze, respond to and manage the risks, assumptions and dependencies of the offer throughout its lifecycle, thereby enabling informed completion due diligence necessary to support customer engagement and subsequent contract negotiation.
- Contract finalization: Coordinate the process of negotiating and finalizing the contract, ensuring that all activities are completed on time and allowing the company to reach a well understood contractual agreement.
- Closure and submission of bids: Manages the formal transfer of the contract to the team in charge of operations and assigned accounts and ensures that a formal assessment of lessons learned is carried out to improve future performance.
- Continuous improvement: Ensure the continuous improvement of the tendering function by sharing best practices, knowledge, experience, and guarantee.
- Personal winning rate of at least 1: 3 (value and opportunities) measured over a continuous 12-month period.
- Quality of the proposal document having obtained a score of 4 and above in the Shipley best practice model or an equivalent standard.
- Downward selection decisions for preliminary capacity documents (PQQ / EOI) by 90% or more.
- 7 years and more in the IT services industry.
- More than 7 years of experience in the management of offers and proposals - focused on the outsourcing of IT activities.
- More than 5 years of management and success in lawsuits over $ 5 million with the government of Quebec.
- A good understanding of the local market (Quebec) and the competitive landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum).
- French - excellent written and communication skills (Mother tongue). Ability to write new original proposals and business content.
- English - fluent communication - In-depth knowledge of bid and proposal management best practices (APMP and Shipley).
- Project management skills (PMP training or certification), project management matrix resource teams.
- ITIL training or certification is a plus.
- Excellent facilitator for executive and client leadership - articulate, professional, calm.
- Proficiency in using MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Project, Adobe PDF, graphics software, Café VIK, BidDIRECT, ProjectWEB
- Expert level MS Word
- Best winning business practices
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of the IT industry
- Knowledge management – People and Task management
- Marketing communications
- Preparation of bids and proposals
- Production of proposal content
- Proposal management techniques
- Mastery of proposal tools