Job Title: System Administrator (English)
Location: Nuns island - Montreal, QC (Onsite & Remote)
Duration: 6 Months
Start Date: July 2021
End Date: January 2022
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday/ 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Overview: Role and Responsibilities
- Provide technical services related to assessment, implementation, migration, upgrades, and technical documentation.
- Remediate technology environments by researching, identifying, and resolving technical incidents.
- Respond to system incidents, problems, and escalations, assign ticket severity, prioritize work accordingly, and collaborate and work with other staff and vendor support resources to resolve issues.
- Monitor and manage customer environments using RMM and other monitoring tools.
- Works with Managed Services Operations Manager to improve operations, escalate issues, and streamline processes.
- Execute ITIL-based Change management and Incident management processes within an IT Service Management (ITSM) platform.
- Participate in documentation and cross training of other team members.
- Obtain and maintain technical certifications related to job function as required.
- Communication with customers as required, keeping them informed of incident progress, providing advice, and notifying them of upcoming changes.
- Deliver services within agreed upon SLAs.
- Other duties as required.
Strong experience and understanding with deploying, managing, and troubleshooting the following technologies:
- Microsoft 365 Cloud Services including but not limited to administration of Exchange, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Compliance Center.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Services including but not limited to management of Directory sync, Azure VMs, Microsoft Endpoint Manager/Intune, Autopilot, and Security Center.
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (CVAD).
- Administrator level experience and knowledge in CVAD.
- Solid understanding of core Citrix technologies including Storefront, Provisioning services and Machine Creation Services, Workspace, Director, Delivery groups/Machine Catalogs, ICA fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of Virtualization and Hyperconverged platforms such as VMware or Nutanix.
- Enterprise Backup technologies with preference on Veeam Backup and Replicator-based solutions.
- Certificate management and key lifecycle such as CSR generation, certificate renewals and certificate updates on various systems.
- On-prem and Cloud Active Directory services.
- Includes ADFS, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy Management.
- PowerShell or equivalent scripting technologies.
- Enterprise Anti-virus and Endpoint Detect and Response solutions.
- Server hardware racking and installation, troubleshooting and ongoing lifecycle management and maintenance.
- Analyze system performance issues such as availability, latency, utilization, and throughput.
- Experience with maintaining and reviewing all configs/settings/policies on various system technologies, as well as troubleshooting and remediation.
Nice to have
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop certification
- MCSE, MCSA, or MCITP
- VMware Certified Profession or Nutanix Certified Professional
- Self-motivated and result oriented.
- Strong written and verbal skills with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Highly detailed-oriented, highly motivated and can work in a highly collaborative and innovative environment.
- Valid driver’s license and able to travel to client sites.