Job Title: Systems Administrator
Type: Contract - 6 month possibility of permanent
Location: Manhattan, New York
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 6 months after it starts
The Systems Administrator's day-to-day responsibilities include monitoring the ticket queue, supporting and maintaining our workstations, network infrastructure and servers and administering AD accounts for new hires. The Systems Administrator will also be instrumental in the future expansion plans of the studio.
Our client is an award-winning visual effects studio that works with all the major studios to unleash story-lines and creative visions. Known for delivering boutique-style project management, we back that with the technology, efficiency, and work experience of a larger studio with locations in Los Angeles, New York, Vancouver, and Atlanta.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a main point of contact to offer technical support to all employees in the NY office and assist with tickets in our LA and BC offices.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and determine priorities
- Support and maintain our workstations, network infrastructure and servers
- Ensure network security policies are maintained.
- Set up accounts and systems for new hires.
- General upkeep of the server room and patch panel management.
- 2 to 5 years’ in a systems administration / helpdesk / desktop support experience
- Comfortable with Windows, Mac OSX and some Linux
- Active Directory / Office 365 Administration
- Experience with VMWare / VSphere
- Experience with enterprise level storage systems such as Isilon / Qumulo / Stornex / Nautilus.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Act as a team player and enjoys working with and helping others
- High level of autonomy and initiative
- Good prioritization skills
- Passionate about working in the Visual FX industry
- Experience in Visual FX.
- Good knowledge of network protocols and switching
- Comfortable with firewalls and network security and switch configurations.
- Experience with modern configuration management systems (Salt)
- Familiar with systems/network monitoring and metrics collection (collectd, zabbix, graphana)
- Working knowledge of scripting languages such as BASH, SED, AWK or Python
- Comfortable with cloud services such as Amazon Web Services & cloud rendering.
- Knowledge of FileMaker a plus.