Job Title: System and Network Administrator
- Support Windows server environment
- Support physical and virtual servers on VMware and MS Hyper-V clusters
- Provision, install/configure, operate, and maintain system hardware/software and related physical/virtual infrastructure
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications or per project or operational needs
- Identify and deliver required hardware service levels according to company policies.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on equipment operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, and other products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding hardware problems.
- Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- React to time sensitive issues when problems occur (crisis management).
- Responsible for all systems management / monitoring of the desktop/laptop environment throughout the entire lifecycle of the end-user devices.
- Responsible for all software packaging / deployment to the desktop / laptop environment to the entire enterprise.
- Responsible for defining, documenting and maintaining desktop / laptop standards to the entire enterprise.
- Responsible for defining, documenting and maintaining desktop / laptop images to the entire enterprise.
- Responsible for asset management of the desktop / laptop environment for the entire enterprise.
- Responsible for license management, including compliance and renewal activities relating to the desktop / laptop environment for the entire enterprise.
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of for all desktops / laptops for the entire enterprise.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the desktop / laptop environment by ensuring the environment is routinely patched on a monthly basis.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values
- Maintain standard documentation and procedures for current operations, cross-training and Disaster/Recovery
Project Management Support
- Provide technical assistance with projects during all project phases of the standard Project Management methodology
- Complete assigned tasks in project server to support internal client services or interdepartmental projects through the deployment of hardware and software.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent technical knowledge of corporate networking, and other hardware including:
- Windows Server Platforms
- Windows Desktop Platforms
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Third-party Licensing
- Microsoft DHCP, DNS, Group Policy
- Microsoft System Center 2012 (SCCM, SCOM, SCVMM, SCSM, DPM)
- Enterprise Mobility Management Solutions
- Enterprise Collaboration Solutions
- Comprehensive hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of scripting languages and system automation (PowerShell, batch)
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and procedural documentation