Job Title: Sr. Solution Architect III (Hybrid-IT/Multi-Cloud/ End User Services)
Duration: Contract - 12 month
Location: Edmonton, AB
- 6-10 years experience
- Subject matter expert (SME) in Hybrid-IT/Multi-Cloud and in End User Services (EUS) solutions to join our Solutions, Integration and Transition team within the Managed Services division.
- Candidates must be willing to travel an average of 75% of their time within North America/Canada,
- The candidate should also be willing to other technology disciplines outside of their specialist area.
- You will be responsible for complex projects and own technical pre-sales support, solution development, integration and transition to operations.
- You will need to manage risk.
- You will coordinate engineering and technical team activities directly or through program or transition management.
- You be confidently able to deal with key customer decisions makers such as IT Directors, program managers and partners.
- You will exhibit visionary leadership and be able to co-ordinate your own workload and small teams.
- Applicants should have a successful track record of delivery, and broad understanding of technology and how it is applied.
- You will actively participate in North American market implementation plans, deal with any queries on EUS and Service Desk solutions, integration and transition and associated technologies.
- You will provide insight to RFP and other bid work.
- You will be technically knowledgeable and have the ability to absorb new technology and solutions with minimal training or overview.
- You will work closely with the Managed Services organisation to devise, integrate and transition the most appropriate and efficient strategy to implement targeted delivery solution(s) for potential projects in the pipeline.
- Able to quickly adapt to changing priorities while implementing intended solutions.
- You are technically knowledgeable and have the ability to absorb new technology and solutions with minimal training or overview.
- You will works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability.
- You will exercise personal responsibility and autonomy.
- You will plans your own work and meet given objectives and processes.
- You will influence team direction and specialist peers internally.
- Influences customers at account level and suppliers.
- Select appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications.
- Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Communicates fluently orally and in writing, and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives.
- Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet time and quality targets and in accordance with relevant legislation and procedures.
- Rapidly absorbs new technical information and applies it effectively.
- A good appreciation of the wider field of information systems, their use and how they relate to the business activities of the employer or client.
- Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes some responsibility for personal
- Experience in designing and implementing Hybrid IT infrastructure and Multi-Cloud Solutions
- Ability to understand and asses on premise data center applications and infrastructure
- Design and implement cloud architecture for customer’s applications, operations, network and security.
- Experience with designing different cloud aspects such as -
- Networking – Connectivity & IP Planning, Cloud Security, Monitoring, Identity & Access Management
- OCI/AWS/Azure certification are desired.
- VMWare in the Cloud technologies
- Good understanding of standard IT environment services such as Active Directory, SCCM etc...
- Understanding of application architecture and dependency of applications on IT services such as LDAP, DNS.
- Experience in migrating applications from on premise to cloud IaaS.
- Migration methodology and tools
- App target infrastructure design and implementation
- Complex group migration for dependent applications.
- App modifications for security and operations