Contract Duration: 3 Months
Location: Toronto, ON
The Network & Firewall Engineer will be the primary individual responsible for working on client networks in an engineering role, providing network and firewall architecture design, leading implementations of network and firewall solutions, and providing remote operational support for customers. The Engineer also plays a key role in the daily processing of Work Orders, Change Requests, and Incident Handling for operational systems.
- Provide network and firewall architecture design and consulting for pre and post sales support of customer environments.
- Design, implement, test and operate network and firewall services enabling ports and protocols to support and protect access to workload applications.
- Define and document firewall port and protocol requirements for workload applications.
- Maintain documentation of network and firewall configurations and designs
- Conduct on-site technical implementations or attend on-site customer meetings, as required.
- Provide Level 2 - 3 support to existing customers.
- Research, design, and oversee implementation of information technology, systems, and policies for information security in support of business needs.
- Author deliverables of a technical nature and present them to clients
- Perform resolutions to security related Work Orders, Change Requests and Incidents
- Provide 7x24 response to P-1 and P-2 level incidents
- 5+ years’ experience with IT security, networking and enterprise technologies
- Extensive hands-on experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting the following technologies: Check Point Firewalls, and Cisco Switches and Routers
- 2-3 years experience in a customer facing engineering role
- Experience working in an ITIL-modeled IT environment
Required Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution (required)
- Cisco Routing & Switching Certification or equivalent experience (required)
- Check Point CCSA or CCSE certification or equivalent experience (preferred)
- In-depth Knowledge of all common network protocols
- Knowledge of Voice/Telephony protocols and technologies (preferred)
- Knowledge or equivalent experience of Microsoft Azure Implementations (preferred)
- CISA, CISM, CISSP or other Security Certifications (preferred)
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (required)
- Ability to collaborate effectively with fellow team members, and with other organizations using different technologies and with other sectors of activity (required)
- Great personal and professional integrity, and adherence to very high ethical standards (required)
- English/French Bilingualism (preferred)
- Experience working within the Canadian public sector (preferred)