- Title: Jr. IT Auditor
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Chicago, IL
Our client is currently looking for a Junior IT Auditor for their growing organization. The role will primarily be responsible for conducting internal audits within the information technology environment, but they must also be willing to learn and audit all areas of the company such as Finance, Product, Operations, and Risk Management. The candidate should have an interest in developing their business knowledge as well as using data and analytics to focus on risk. In addition to performing audits, this role will also assist with SOX testing.
- Implement the Internal Audit department’s audit methodology, processes, reporting, and technology.
- Work closely with audit managers and team members to develop the scope and approach for assigned audits to ensure by focusing on the right risks and hold the business accountable to the appropriate level of risk mitigation.
- Utilize experience and auditing skills to cover a broad range of risks, including finance, business, technology, and data.
- Demonstrate a willingness to improve and increase knowledge by taking on new assignments and responsibilities in multiple areas.
- Build relationships with business leaders and work with external audit teams, consultants, and regulators as needed.
- Competent knowledge of financial services / IT operations, procedures and policies.
- Strong familiarity with appropriate business processes and transactions.
- Strong knowledge of IT general controls, operating system and database platforms, IT governance processes, IT Risk Management’s assessment processes, Third Party Risk, and IT application control concepts.
- Competent knowledge of generally accepted audit standards, Corporate Internal Audit standards, COBIT principles, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Knowledge of process design and controls testing and proper documentation.
- Ability to understand how to use data to identify risks.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and consultative work style.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including presenting, listening, interviewing, and workpaper documentation.
- Strong project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred.
- 2+ years of auditing experience; Big Four public accounting experience necessary
- Certified as, or working towards, a CIA, CPA, CISA or FLMI designation preferred
Chicago, United States
7 months ago