- Job Title: Solutions Specialist - HPE
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Etobicoke, ON
Our client is looking for a Solution Specialist who will be proactively drive revenue and profit specific to a dedicated brand and product sets. This role works directly with Account Managers, sales leadership, and partners on whitespace opportunities.
- Be a subject matter expert on the designated partner’s products, programs and go to market strategies and communicate them to internal sales.
- Assist sales and designated partner with field alignment and account mapping within assigned territory.
- Responsible for answering presales technical questions relating to their assigned partner or category
- Attend customer facing events and/or conference calls to communicate the value add of company and the partner.
- Facilitate training for assigned territory on partner’s products, services and programs.
- Assist the partner and Product and Partner Management (PPM) contacts in creating messaging and promotions that directly align with the specific customer set that is being supported and
- Develop and execute to quarterly sales plan.
- Complete monthly scorecard identifying sales engagement, pipeline and market trends.
- Cultivate relationships between partner sales team, internal Sales, & Leadership teams.
- Act as a liaison between internal Sales and Product and Partner Management (PPM) to identify opportunities for product, program and partner alignment improvements.
- Understand the market trends and specific needs of assigned segment and/or region as well as be able to identify and communicate wins/challenges of the business internally and externally.
- Understand the competitive landscape in assigned segment and/or region and how market conditions can impact the company and the partner being supported.
- Have excellent knowledge of company service offerings and the process in which account managers attach them to client products.
- Proficient in company tools and process such as SPS, AS400, bid desk, returns etc.
Area of Responsibilities
- Maintain effective communications with all stakeholders.
- Provide monthly progress reports to Partner and internal stakeholders.
- Represent the assigned brand in meetings and speak to brand performance, category performance, program/promotion results, and current initiatives.
- Provide comprehensive reporting both internally and externally on brand performance, category performance, industry trends, and market share.
- Success Metrics:
- Meet or exceed designated partner revenue expectations for assigned partner and region.
- Positive feedback from assigned sales channels through bi-annual surveys.
- Meeting or exceeding designated partner controllable margin expectations for assigned partner.
- Assigned regions bid pricing usage.
- Obtain and facilitate necessary partner and industry certifications.
- Travel as needed.
- Other special projects upon request.
- Bachelor’s degree + 2 years sales/marketing experience, OR
- 6 years experience in sales/marketing, OR
- 4 years PPM experience + 2 years experience in sales/marketing
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including partner, company, and customer executives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen.
- Ability to think strategically and analyze information.
- Strong willingness to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years experience in Sales and/or Marketing.
- Established relationships and 3+ years experience selling.
- Previous responsibility for monthly & quarterly sales targets.
- Established track record of successful quote driven sales attainment.
- Outstanding phone, platform speaking and presentation ability.
- Familiarity in directing and maintaining enterprise-level sales proposals and contracts.
- Strong working knowledge of the assigned market with a focus on additional learning.
- Relevant industry certification for HPE such as ATP for Servers or Storage.