- Job Title: Secret Level II Solution Engineer (Commvault)
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Toronto/Ottawa, ON
Our client is one of the technology solution providers that serve business and government clients across Canada, with offices in Ottawa and Toronto. Their key objective is customer success. To help achieve this goal, they are currently looking for a Solution Engineer with a Secret Level II Clearance.
Along with the PS Management team and Solution Consultants (SC’s), the SE provides them Solutions and Technical expertise.
The SE delivers on PS engagements and supports pre-sales opportunities. The SE supports the Sales team by developing and aligning technical customer requirements to hardware, software, or professional services solutions by providing Product-specific analysis and insights resulting in recommendations.
Being the primary delivery resource on implementation engagements, the SE is responsible for maintaining high levels of technical competency and relevant technical certifications to ensure that the company’s delivery is aligned to the internal framework and Vendor-driven best practices.
Role and Responsibilities
- Delivers company’s consulting engagements (i.e., Assessments/gap analysis, strategies, Architecture, Design, etc.) and implementation projects (e.g., build, upgrade, etc.).
- Installs and configures software and/or hardware according to the design and best practice guideline for product implementation.
- Assists in the proposal process by developing the technical response to RFPs, RVDs, and other sales related vehicles which includes product research, competitive analysis, write-up, architecture & design, and testing.
- Interfaces with internal and external subject-matter experts to verify the accuracy of the technical deliverables.
- Ensures that company deadlines for assigned vendor certification compliance are met which includes keeping required existing certifications up to date while completing newly assigned certifications.
- Ensures ongoing development on assigned technical and consulting expertise which includes the potential need to attend online, boot camp, ITL, knowledge base, self -study, shadowing, mentoring, webinars, seminars, workshops, or hands-on training in Lab.
- Mastery of the classic datacenter infrastructure [SAN storage (FC networks and NAS arrays), virtualization, backup, OS, DC networks].
- 5+ years of designing and implementing complex Data Center solutions.
- Previous, demonstrated experience migrating an on premise to on-premises environments or on- premises to any cloud environment.
- Expertise in technical architecture from an infrastructure as well as an application point of view.
- Experience in conducting audits and presentations.
- A level of communication adapted to technical stakeholders, such as financial / strategic managers.
- A capacity to support the customers in their Cloud transformation projects, as well as intervention in field technical expertise.
- Positioning as a technical leader or as a facilitator when carrying out a project with the technical teams (experts & architects).
- Confirmed level of expertise on virtualization technologies in the infrastructure domain in the broad sense (SDDC / Automation).
- Commvault experience - 3+ years
- Backup experience (VEEAM, Netbackup) including in Cloud or Hybrid mode.
- Proven design, planning and implementation experience with compute.
- Strong experience with Migration and Hybrid Migration projects and programs.
- Moderate Network, firewall configuration and router troubleshooting experience.
- Working knowledge of most relevant operating systems (Windows Server, RHEL, Ubuntu, etc.).
- Experience in drafting response documents to calls for tenders and public contracts (price schedules, statements of work, technical briefs, reference architectures).
- Valid Federal Government Secret Level II security clearance.
Education & Certifications
- University degree or college diploma in technology and 3+ years of relevant consulting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Dell EMC VNX, Dell EMC Unity, Data Domain and Recover Point.
- Preferred includes Dell EMC certifications and Dell EMC Proven Professional certifications.
- Experience with Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G800/1000 and Hitachi Command Site v8.x and above (Certified preferred).
- Preferred Commvault Certified Engineer and or Expert