Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Markham ON
The Software Developer role will be responsible for day-to-day software development of Web, Mobile and Windows applications. Front-end development, UX & UI Design, Web API development and Database development are the main roles of this position. You will also be required from time to time depending upon circumstances to provide direct support for customers.
- Design, develop and test windows and web-based applications according to requirements and specifications.
- Work with project managers, analysts, senior developers and users to define system scope and objectives.
- Complete assigned development tasks and interact with team when necessary.
- Fix software bugs in existing/ developing applications.
- Perform unit testing and support functional analysis.
- Support installation of software components in test and production environments.
- Update user manuals and standard operating procedure documents.
- Support and maintenance of developing products.
Experience/ Required skills:
- 2-4 years work experience in software development.
- College Diploma or University degree in Computer Science or Related Area.
- jQuery, Angular framework, Typescript.
- Experience in .NET Framework, Visual Studio, VS Code.
- Must have knowledge in database development and design with Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework, LINQ.
- Experience with Web Services, RESTful API design.
- Knowledge in version control using TFS, Git.
- Experience in design prototyping with Adobe XD.
- Familiar with responsive design for desktop and mobile devices.
- Familiar with Windows Server environments.
- Familiar with automated testing tools (Selenium preferred).
- Understand and write functional and technical specifications.
- Must be a team player.
- Be creative in problem-solving and product feature analysis.
- Own assigned tasks and deliver the results on time.
- Ability to learn new technologies and update skills for current industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English