Location: Toronto, ON
Our client, a leader in their field, currently seeks a Snr. Project Manager (Release Management) to own the end-to-end release management process for one of their key product lines. You will be accomplished at building relationships with project partners, removing roadblocks and driving the work of an innovative team. If you are passionate about delivery and have a proven track record of successfully delivering complex cross-functional projects on time, we want to hear from you!
- Oversee the day-to-day release process through the application of best practice in project management principles and methodologies
- Oversee multiple releases; ensuring product and technical requirements are met to specifications.
- Ensure releases are planned and executed in a consistent manner through a mixture of delivery techniques.
- Work with the core team members to ensure that all elements of the releases are planned and executed properly.
- Establish project schedules, release schedules, manage communications and scope and oversee the various streams.
- Expedite issues resolution, negotiating and influencing people at all levels to ensure the release goals are met. You will be accountable for ensuring deliverables are achieved and for maintaining a high quality of the products built.
- Oversee project communications and manage the project resources. Coach and lead project team members.
- Work closely with business partners to ensure all approved project initiatives are resourced accurately and timely.
- Measure the throughput of the release process and delivery cadence and be able to report on trends
Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Business or a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in project management, overseeing and delivering complex products, preferably on the digital or mobile side of retail, in an Agile environment
- PMP Certification required
- Scrum Master Certification, nice to have
- Experience as a Release Manager, working on releasing features to market on a regular cadence
- Hands-n technical skills to understand product delivery and how the backend of a product is built and works.
- Strong ability to put together releases while simultaneously managing ongoing sprints as well as carrying out sprint planning, retrospectives and backlog refinement on a continuous basis.
- Experience with Agile software tools such as Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with web, e-Commerce and mobile technologies, nice to have
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written
- Ability to build great working relationships at with people at different levels of the organization
- Forward thinker and can innovated solutions to keep the project and business moving forward
- Ability to influence work in a multi-functional team environment with rapidly changing priorities under tight deadlines.