Title: IT Field Maintenance Technician – Barrie, Ontario
Type: 5 Month Contract (Possibility of extension)
Location: Barrie, Ontario, N5X 1X9
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00 Am to 5:00 PM
Start Date: February 18th, 2020
- Car is mandatory and mileage will be provided as the technician will be visiting multiple sites on the same day and having to go pickup equipment
- Mileage will be provided @ $0.40 per kilometers
- Technicians will need to carry a good amount of parts, so a midsized vehicle is a minimum is requirement
Tools will be required:
- Basic Hand Tools (Screwdrivers including #1(Green), #2(Red) and #3(Black) Robertson, Phillips, Side Cutters, Torx T10 Screwdriver, Small Pliers or Crescent wrench)
- Spare Ethernet cables (for testing)
Mandatory skills and experience:
- Hardware deployment experience is mandatory
- At least 1 year of field experience
- Good customer interfacing skills mandatory
- Networking would be an asset
Day to day task:
- Pick up of installation hardware at a Purolator depot. Drop off old equipment deinstalled the day before and return ship to provided address.
- Go to installation site
- Deinstallation of existing equipment – replace with new.
- Installation of a router
- Box deinstalled equipment in new equipment box. Affix return label and waybill for return. Remove from site.
- Upload install photos to an online portal.