Job Title: Service Planner– Identity Services Engineering
Type: Contract - 12 months
Location: Downtown Toronto
Our client is currently on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and they are looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get them there. Their distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what’s right for their clients, their people, and their communities, and they strive for excellence in everything they do.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a member of Banks’s Identity Services Engineering team, the Service Planner will provide an integrated approach to service delivery, governance, project management, currency plans, roadmaps and business management for all current and future technologies within the Identity Services portfolio. This includes working closely with Engineers, Architects, Information Security, Senior Management & Solutioning teams to define new services, maintain existing services, define total cost of ownership and look for opportunities to improve service quality.
How You’ll Succeed
- Planning technologies from inception to decommissioning, following all key processes
- Responsible for submitting and driving team intakes & vendor service requests (SRs)
- Responsible for service quality, availability, optimization, and commoditization
- Act as a single point of contact for technology/service strategy, direction, introduction of new Infrastructure functionality, standards, and policies
- Develop and execute a technology-oriented Roadmap of Initiatives to improve service quality
- Develop currency plans & keep them up to date
- Collaboration among key functions is a must - Service Planners, Engineering, Information Security, Architecture and Solutioning
- Understand current and future business needs and incorporate these into all roadmaps and currency plans
- Translate Strategic direction into Roadmap Initiatives
- Definition and design of service/technology offerings to meet the needs of their clients (business teams, technology teams and/or end users)
- Develop formal service descriptions that describe service functionality, service model and cost models
- Maintain and grow vendor relationships / vendor relationship management. Work with vendors of the technologies/services through:
- Reviews of vendor roadmaps
- SME input in the support of contract negotiations and renewals
- Support model definition
- Problem management of systemic issues
- New service offering discussions
- Ensure that bank’s policies and standards are followed for the Services being managed. Typical policies / standards areas are:
- Technology Development Framework / Enterprise Delivery Framework
- Architecture / Technology Acquisition Guide (TAG) / Managed Application Portfolio (MAP)
- Manage, assist and establish financial aspects for technologies and services including Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Contract Management, Licensing & Maintenance Renewals and Budget Planning for Initiatives
- Lead, author and initiate business cases for large and often complex projects
- Manage and drive projects forward – act as a project manager / project lead as necessary
- Technical knowledge – basic technical understanding of products and services in the Identity and Access Management discipline.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience as a Service & Platform Owner or Manager, developing and maintaining roadmaps & strategy, currency plans, project and service financials as well as budget planning, contract management, maintenance renewals, product licensing, vendor relationship management, project management, building and initiating business cases for large and often complex projects, and basic technical knowledge in the Identity and Access Management discipline.
- You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You love to learn. You're passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.