Reporting to the Software Quality Assurance Manager, this resource will complete the test lifecycle for a new application from requirements to deployment.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of demonstrated success in completing the test lifecycle in a fast paced complex environment. Hands-on Software Quality Assurance testing experience with transactional web based applications is mandatory. The candidate must have demonstrated experience in software testing and SDLC. He/she should also be proficient in SQL and backend testing techniques, and work well within a team setting. Candidates with computer science and software development background are preferred. A demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and get things done, with excellent analytical, communication and team building skills is a must.
- Analysis business / technical requirements and create test strategies and test cases
- Execute test suites, analysis results, raise defects, create test reports, progress reports and follow through problem resolution with business/development/project manager
- Analyze and identify test coverage gaps by reviewing system test cases and traceability matrix managed by an offshore test team.
- Coordinate testing and defect resolution with an offshore development/test teams.
- Fully document the test procedures for the new application and provide skill transfer to permanent staff for steady state support
- Follow the company’s process and best engineering practices
- 5+ years of hands on software quality assurance testing experience
- Strong IT and programming background both from a theoretical aspect and a practical aspect
- Strong knowledge of Relational Database and hands on experience with SQL (Oracle, DB2, MySQL)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use key software engineering tools including HP Quality Centre and SQL development tools (TOAD, SQL Developer)
- Web based transactional systems testing experience with an excellent understanding of HTML and XML
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in computer science
- Web service testing experience
- Strong hands on experience with Unix and shell scripting
Experience with web testing on multiple platforms and multiple browsers