Job Title: Senior Systems Specialist
Location: Mississauga ON
You will work independently or as part of a larger team to implement and/or provide problem determination and remediation services related to advanced system infrastructure technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expert technical services related to assessment, design, implementation, migration, upgrades, and technical documentation.
- Remediate technology environments by researching, identifying, and resolving technical problems.
- Respond to system incidents, problems and escalations, assign ticket severity, prioritize work accordingly, and collaborate and work with other staff and vendor support resources to resolve issues.
- Prepare physical and logical network and systems design documentation.
- Works with Managed Services Team Lead and Managed Services Operations Manager to improve operations, escalate issues, and streamline processes.
- Perform advanced analysis of remote monitoring reports to identify capacity and performance issues and remediate them.
- Conduct system assessments and audits.
- Enhance operations through automation.
- Execute change management and incident management processes.
- Assist in the development of practice expertise and cross training of other team members.
- Obtain and maintain technical certifications related to job function.
- Communication with customers as required, keeping them informed of incident progress, providing expert advice, and notifying them of upcoming changes.
- Deliver services within agreed upon SLAs.
Critical Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Expert level knowledge of deploying, managing and troubleshooting the following technologies:
- Active Directory services, ADFS, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy Management
- PowerShell scripting
- Linux-based server infrastructure
- Virtualization and Hyperconverged platforms such as VMware or Nutanix
- Enterprise Anti-virus and Detect and Response solutions
- Office 365 and Azure
- Remote desktop and application delivery (ex. Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops)
- Server hardware installation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- SNMP architecture and monitoring
- Strong understanding and experience with:
- Automation and orchestration experience, such as Ansible, Terraform, Python, etc.
- NAS/ SAN storage platforms
- Enterprise backup solutions
- Database technologies
- networking firewall, switching and routing technologies
- Authentication technologies such Oauth, LDAP, RADIUS, ADFS, MFA, SAML-based integrations
- Understanding Analyze system performance issues such as availability, latency, utilization and throughput.
- Experience with building, maintaining and reviewing all configs/settings/policies on chosen system technologies, as well as troubleshooting and remediation.
- Ability to design solutions for addressing gaps in an existing security architecture.
Nice to have experience:
- Citrix technologies such as Citrix XenApp or XenDesktop, Citrix ADC (Netscaler)
Certifications or proven equivalent experience:
- MCSE, MCSA, or MCITP
- VMware Certified Profession or Nutanix Certified Professional
- Self-motivated and result-oriented
- Strong written and verbal skills with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly detailed-oriented, highly motivated and can work in a highly collaborative and innovative environment
- Valid driver’s license and able to travel to client sites
- Reliability Status Security Clearance or the ability to obtain
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.