Job Title: Senior Systems Specialist (VDI)
Location: Mississauga ON
Roles and Responsibilities
Our client, a leading Digital Transformation Solutions Provider, is looking for a Senior Systems Specialist in the Managed Services department to focus on designing, supporting and managing Workspace Delivery Technology for an Enterprise customer.
The Senior Systems Specialist will work with business stakeholders, senior technical staff, technology leadership and delivery teams to enhance, optimize and automate the service delivery.
What will you do?
- Monitor, manage and maintain assigned Citrix environments.
- Develop and deploy, with the emphasis on automation, health and capacity monitoring and reporting.
- Regularly and proactively report on capacity and health trends.
- Review technology currency requirements and development of upgrade planning.
- Gather data for Monthly Operation Review reports.
- Perform security assessments and provide recommendations and plans on security hardening.
- Produce artifacts, evidence and remediation plans related to audit and compliancy.
- Remediate customer technology environments by researching, identifying, and resolving technical problems.
- Produce full technical and procedural documentation and provide knowledge transfer to the technical staff as necessary.
- Development of automation of desktop provisioning and service runbooks.
- Assist in the development of new service offerings.
- Assist in the development of practice expertise and cross training of other team members.
- Obtain and maintain technical certifications related to job function.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience - Must Have
- Design and Architecture experience and knowledge of Citrix XenDesktop 7.x.
- Understanding of ITIL and Enterprise-level Incident, Change and Problem Management processes.
- Automation expertise
- Solid understanding of core Citrix technologies including Storefront, Provisioning services and Machine Creation Services, Receiver, Director, Delivery groups/machine groups, ICA fundamentals.
- Installation, configuration and provisioning of MS Server technologies.
- Design and deployment of one or more of the predominant hypervisors – vSphere/XenServer/Hyper-V.
- Networking fundamentals – TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Layer 2/3 switching/routing.
- Documentation skills – Assessment reports, Build Guides, Process and Procedures documents, Runbooks, Statements of Work, Network Diagrams, Data Flow Diagram.
- Mentorship skills - sharing technical and functional knowledge with team members and colleagues.
- Monitoring and reporting of Citrix and MS server infrastructure health and capacity.
- VDI and application delivery as well as end user experience monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Nutanix AHV
Beneficial to have
- Application packaging and Streaming (ex. Appv)
- Citrix AppLayering and FSLogix
- Citrix Certified Expert – Networking (CCE-N)
- Experience/Knowledge/Certifications on any of the following:
- Citrix Monitoring (Goliath, egInnovations, etc)
- Cisco UCS/Cisco Networking
- Storage Arrays (NetApp/HP or any of the other major vendors)
- Microsoft Azure, O365, Amazon Web Services
- Firewall technologies – FortiGate, Palo Alto, Cisco etc.
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present technical topics to “C-Level” clients, technical and non-technical audiences.
Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style with a collaborative attitude.
Mentorship skills - sharing technical and functional knowledge with team members and colleagues. Business acumen – You can assist customers and sales teams in the identification of business requirements and use-cases and the positioning of the solutions to meet business objectives and budgets. Strong spoken and written English skills. Valid driver’s license and able to travel to client sites both locally and out of town. Reliability Status Security Clearance or the ability to obtain.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
Accreditation – Attain and maintain relevant accreditation(s);
- Citrix Certified Expert – Virtualization (CCE-V)
- CC-CEM, CC-SHAREFILE, CC-VAD-MA/CC
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.