- Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
- Location: Toronto, ON
- Type: Contract (12 months)
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to be a part of their expanding business. The candidate will provide UNIX and Linux systems design, architecture and support. Support and maintain an active disaster recovery plan. Work on their Server View Resource Orchestrator to support & manage their Private Hosting Cloud (PHC). Identify and automate processes. Support team on migrating exiting infrastructure from physical to Virtualization/Cloud with minimal impact on client.
- Install and configure organization webserver using Apache, PHP, Curl, etc.
- Perform version upgrade of UNIX/Linux OS like Oracle Solaris, HP-UNIX & RedHat/SuSE Linux.
- Track vulnerabilities & perform remediation with appropriate patches & upgrades.
- Support FTP & SFTP servers serving large user base.
- Review and update of Project & Service Operations documentation periodically.
- Implement and maintain servers as per Fujitsu security standard.
- Provide operational support to multiple client in shared environment within agreed SLA's.
- Perform Security Audit for various client & take corrective action.
- Provide on-call support for customers on a monthly roster.
- Deployment and support of virtualization solution such as Oracle VM Server for SPARC/LDOM, Oracle VM Manager for Linux & VMWare/vSphere;
- UNIX/Linux (AIX, Solaris, HPUX, Suse, RHEL, OEL, CentOS & Ubuntu);
- Windows OS support (Windows 2012 and upwards) ITIL processes & procedures (ITIL certified) OVM for Linux, OVM Server for Sparc for VM & VMWare/VSphere;
- Server View Resource Orchestrator Cluster Technologies;
- RedHat Cluster & Oracle OCFS2;
- Tomcat, Apache, PHP, Openssl, Curl;
- Shell script.
- Familiarity and experience in cloud technologies (AWS, Azure & OCI)
- Top 3 technologies: Senior Unix/Linux background
- 10 years of experience with Unix/Linux technologies
- Extra skills: Wintel Experience is ideal
Nice to have:
- Willing to mentor junior resources and a team player, this is a customer facing role as well, need to be able to communicate with clients and be an advocate for the company
- Occasional On-call work during upgrade windows for clients