Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Duration: 3 months
Location: Barrie, ON
Reporting to our IT Manager, as our Senior Systems Administrator, you are responsible and accountable for supporting all IT infrastructure and services as they exist today and as we grow them.
- Provide technical support and training for all ERP and other business systems to staff and warehouse users in all distribution centres as required and working closely with vendor support representatives.
- Provide support to customers on all systems.
- Manages all telecommunication services.
- Analyzes network security, system alerts and anti-virus reports daily to ensure smooth and highly secure network operations.
- Responsible for all backup and disaster recovery.
- Builds and tests technology solutions for readiness of roll-out and scaling production systems.
- Works with project teams to guide and construct systems to meet business requirements from new projects.
- Tests and implements all updates from Microsoft, anti-virus and other vendors
- Problem solves in the event of a system failure or an intrusion.
- Maintains helpdesk and KB maintenance for the organization’s technology.
- A University degree or College diploma in IT Admin and Software Engineering.
- Industry certifications including Microsoft, Sonicwall, or CISCO.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience as a Systems or Network Administrator in a large and high-volume distribution business or similar background.
- Expert skillset in the latest Microsoft operating systems for servers and clients
- Expert skillset in VMWare Virtualization Technology
- Advanced understanding of iSCSI and SAN Technology
- Ability to implement best practices to network security, active directory management, SSL and VPN
- Experience working with large ERP systems in a distribution environment.
- Advanced abilities with SQL and using queries to data mine from a variety of data sources.
- Hands on experience with web portals, customer and supplier extranets
- Bilingual (French/English) is an asset
Fix RF guns – Motorola/Zebra: mostly – 9090 line.
Ad hoc – new infrastructure set up and client hardware.
Performance monitoring, audit monitoring and alert monitoring in infrastructure – performance logs check on virtual infrastructure.
Print Management – primarily Lexmark critical stuff.
Patch management and reporting