Job Title: Senior System Administrator
Ends 2 months after start- possible extension
- Support Windows server environment
- Support physical and virtual servers on VMware and
- Provision, install/configure, operate, and maintain system hardware/software and related physical/virtual infrastructure
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications or per project or operational needs
- Identify and deliver required hardware service levels according to company policies.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, and other products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user software and networking software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding hardware problems.
- Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- React to time sensitive issues when problems occur (crisis management).
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong exepriecne with Windows system administration
- Knowledge and exepriecne with Storage administration (including FC/FCoE, iSCSI, and NAS protocols)-HP Blades, PAR SAN
- In-depth knowledge and experience with networking, switch management and services (DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, etc.)
- Comprehensive hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge with CheckPoint Firewall, EndPoint Security, Cisco Firewall and Cisco Swithes.
- AD (Active Directory) expertise
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and procedural documentation
- Knowledge of IP networks, subnets and routing
- Experience with VMWare vSphere 6.x architecture and administration
- Experience with Veeam Backup and Replication
- Expeirence with Office 365
Proficiency in the following would be an asset:
- IP networks (including LAN, VLAN, WAN, BGP and VPN)
- Database administration (Microsoft SQL)
- Security practices: Firewall, Endpoint security, DLP, EDR, monitoring
- PDQ Software Deployment
- PRTG Monitoring