Job Title: Senior System Administrator
Duration: Contract - 3 month
Location: Toronto, ON
Reporting to the Manager, IT Infrastructure & Operations, the Senior System Administrator will be responsible for building, maintaining and supporting IT infrastructure and systems
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Provide technical support to IT infrastructure and systems;
- Perform day to day operational activities, including server building and administration, system patching and upgrade, backup, DR replication, recovery, MS Exchange/Office 365, clusters and high-availability environments, and data center management;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Experience with management and maintenance of Citrix environment.
- Take ownership of backup and recovery solution and ensures all necessary systems and data are backed up and can be reliably restored
- Proactively monitor system logs and performance, respond to issues, troubleshoot and identify root causes, develop and implement technical resolutions;
- Assess, research, and analyze business and system requirements, explorer alternative options to recommend and design technology solutions to meet those needs;
- Participate in and provide input to system architecture design, planning, and implementation of new systems;
- Work collaboration with other internal teams, external partners and vendors to ensure all aspects of IT projects and support requests are met;
- Work as an escalation point for Help Desk desktop support;
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Upgrade knowledge of emerging technologies by reading professional publications, and participating in educational and training opportunities;
- Flexible in availability with regards to working hours and days scheduled required;
Other duties as may be assigned within the scope of this position.
Education: University Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent; IT industry certification required such as MCSE/MCSM, SCSA, RHCE, ITIL.
Experience: Eight (8) years progressive system administration experience in Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and VMware environment; Strong working experience with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory, Exchange, O365, VMware, Citrix, Storage, DR replication, SharePoint, SQL Server, SCCM, SAN, Blade infrastructure, clustered file system, backup system, Disaster Recovery and LAN/WAN network,
Ability to provide guidance to Help Desk resources; Ability to manage multiple projects and to set priorities; Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills; Strong communication and customer service skills.