Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Type: Contract - 6 months to start
Location: St. Catharines; this job is 100% remote (the office is located in St. Catharines)
Starts: October 12, 2020
Ends: April 16, 2021 (6 months)
Reporting directly to the Software Development Manager, the Senior Software Developer is responsible for designing, developing, testing, documenting and implementing technology solutions, including but not limited to, actively coding in VB.NET and TSQL under the direction and guidance of the Software Developer Manager. Assists Junior and Intermediate Developers through transfer of knowledge and addressing specific questions.
- Gathers, analyzes, and prioritizes end user requirements, while clearly defining requirements and problems for management to review.
- Prepares detailed documentation and demonstrates proof of concept to confirm business requirements and functional specifications. Obtains approval of project plan, or new development initiatives.
- Participates in the development, research, design, programming, testing and support of new existing applications. Performs tests in accordance with established guidelines and project plan. Participates in team resolution of issues. Communicates with interested parties on status of development, support, or implementation.
- Interfaces with other groups or departments regarding external project requirements. Provides functional guidance and support to more junior team members. Provides functional performance feedback to management for more junior developers.
- Preforms daily code reviews in the absence of team lead to ensure quality of the programs and to ensure operating efficiency.
- Keeps up to date with technology, hardware and software applications, and company product and service offerings. Engages in upgrading knowledge and skills in current and emerging technologies.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Three or four-year University or College Degree in Computer Sciences or 4 years related application experience.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences and effectively and collaborate well with interfaced departments.
- Ability to communicate instructional concepts to junior team members with a sensitivity to personal ability and cultural diversity.
- Superior organizational skills with significant attention to detail