Job Title: Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Toronto, ON
Under technical direction, the Quality Assurance Tester ensures the release of high quality software through quality assurance (QA) testing and productivity improvement projects, and provides technical consultative assistance to management and technology process owners with respect to the development and implementation of quality IT systems and software.
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Conducts quality assurance and acceptance testing of new and modified software and systems utilizing advanced problem-solving assistance tools.
- Analyzes, develops and implements new or modified quality assurance test plans, test scripts, metrics and applications/systems for assessing the quality of delivered application software and systems across multiple computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server).
- Provides technical consultative assistance to project teams and client areas to ensure the development and implementation of quality IT systems and software, and works with IT management, staff, and internal clients throughout project life cycle.
- Analyzes metrics and data from applicable systems to resolve project and testing issues escalating as needed.
- Analyzes trends, researches anomalies, and summarizes findings for business process owners.
- Recommends process improvements and works with process owners to determine implementation strategy when process improvements are required.
- May participate in the review and implementation of new and updated QA software.
- May evaluate risk associated with specific code promotions to production and providing the information to business and systems management.
- Stays up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the insurance industry. Continues work towards applicable certifications.
- May focus on software testing to ensure quality of software deliverables via quality control, testing, and validation processes.
- Assures that necessary research is performed to fully understand the business issues, develop possible solutions and to support development of innovative, cost effective solutions.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum four years’ experience in an analyst role, preferably in a project environment or software testing experience.
- Applicable professional certifications preferred.
- Broad knowledge of automated testing and modeling tools, change management and test case generation techniques as well as knowledge of business processes and ability to apply continuous process improvement and quality assurance methodologies effectively.
- Strong knowledge of Insurance functions and systems.
- Strong knowledge of software and hardware systems, a solid understanding of the potential use of technology solutions in a business environment and ability to learn new systems applications quickly.
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation.
- Solid understanding of the project management life cycle (Waterfall, Agile) and project management tools (Jira).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Jira, Selenium, and other business-related software.