- Position: Senior Project Manager
- Type: Full Time
- Location: Downtown Toronto
Our client, a leader in their field, currently seeks a decisive and solution-focused leader with 8+ years’ experience in project management, overseeing and delivering complex products, preferably on the digital or mobile side of retail, in an Agile environment. If you are a Senior Project Manager who has strengths in building relationships with project partners, removing roadblocks and driving the work of an innovative team, we want to hear from you.
- Plan and execute projects under EPMO guidelines, while overseeing the day-to-day operations through the application of best practices in project management principles and methodologies, while contributing to strategic direction.
- Own and be responsible for the end-to-end process including detailed planning, budgeting, reporting, implementation, change management and training.
- Successfully deliver complex cross-functional projects on time, on budget and with high client satisfaction
- Expedite issues resolution, negotiating and influencing people at all levels to ensure project goals are met, while being accountable for ensuring deliverables are achieved and for maintaining a high quality of the products built.
- Provide administrative oversight of the resources throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Minimum of 8 years solid PM experience showing progression up to the senior level
- PMP Qualification a must
- Certified Scrum Master is bonus
- Highly detail oriented with the desire to go deep into the projects subject matter while maintaining an understanding of the big picture
- Team player – must be able to work at the delivery team level to identify delivery path forward
- Must be able to own the delivery, be the voice of the project and be the CEO for delivery
- Use the tools of the EPMO to bring attention to the issues of a project and bring appropriate attention to the plan
- Proven track record in running large project streams with a mix of operations, technical development, and business streams – we deliver products to market, not just a technical release into other programs
- Experience in financial sector running delivery projects
- Experience running business streams as part of the delivery stream
- IT Focused – comfortable running complex projects with a technical release component
- Demonstrable track record in mentoring junior and intermediate PMs
- Product development experience bringing a project from initial scoping through to launch
- Must show experience running steering committee and program level governance
- Reporting to middle management and C-level execs
- Show that you have followed and contributed to PMO/EPMO delivery process
- Continually building trust and relationships within the delivery teams and the business stakeholders