Job Title: Senior Oracle Developer/ DBA
Type: Contract - 12 months
Location: Edmonton, AB
Start Date: February 20th, 2020
End Date: February 19th, 2021
Our client is looking for an Oracle Developer with some DBA skills, who has the ability to work with other junior, intermediate, and senior developers. They are looking for someone who is flexible, has a great attitude, willing to work hard and derive solutions.
Our client is looking for an individual who possesses a very flexible attitude to join a software development project team as a Senior Oracle/WebLogic Developer. The role requires working in a team environment to code, unit test and correct defects. The following tasks/responsibilities are required of the Senior Oracle/WebLogic Developer and DBA:
- Design, develop, test and implement application changes or enhancements. .
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with clients at both the user and managerial levels.
- Analyze problems and understand the impact of a problem on the application and on the client.
- Provide accurate estimates application enhancements.
- Analyze and understand user requirements for changes or enhancements.
- Provide regular status updates to their Team Lead.
- Update system documentation as required.
Mandatory Skills Matrix Years of Experience
- Educational requirement- Recognized education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline
- MUST be able to work within a pre-defined architecture and framework. .
- Strong knowledge using TOAD and/or Oracle SQL Developer software
- 8 years of hands-on experience in Oracle DBMS 12c, PL/SQL and using SQLPlus, TOAD/Oracle SQL Developer.
- 8 years of hands-on experience developing Web applications to support multiple Web Browser platforms.
- 8 years of hands-on experience with Oracle Middleware: WebLogic, Web Services and SOA Suite.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision