Position: Senior .Net Developer- Team Lead – 2 Positions
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: $100 - $110K
Vacation: 3 weeks
Team/Reports: could have 1 to 8, depends on project (they have a Team Lead for every project0
Reason for hire: new hire
Opened: 6 weeks
Format: 3 interviews – Need to confirm:
1st is by PTG
2nd is a technical assessment – 3 parts (project review, technical scenarios, problem type situations)
3rd peer panel interview
Reports to: Rishan Lye, Director Consulting Services
He has 50 people on his team
Hours: 40 hours – flex time – start between 7am and 10am
Work Address: 6701 Financial Drive, Suite 200
About the company?Why someone would want to work at BDO Solutions:
BDO recognized Microsoft Partner firm that develops and integrates creative software solutions using the Microsoft Application Platform.
Type of projects that they work on are enterprise class, highly influential affecting millions of users, profiles are massive. They are working with a company that is highly tide to a gov’t involved in the Panama scandal.
Collaborative, supportive environment
Training – yearly budget is $2,000 and 5 days
Social committee – 1 event per month
Meals provided in meetings
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Desire and ability to coach and mentor junior developers.
- Experience managing team tasks, budgets, milestones.
- Drive the implementation and successful completion of solutions built upon the Microsoft application development and integration stack.
- Design of enterprise-level business solutions as well as leading other team members in the area of design, implementation, and quality assurance.
- As a technical leader, drive project initiatives collaborating with the rest of the delivery team ensuring that solution development milestones and deadlines are met.
- Evolve leading-edge techniques for developing and managing business solutions for our customers.
- Technical documentation and knowledge transfer internally and externally
- Support for testing and QA activities
- Understand and help refine un-stated requirements & work with the Development Manager, Business Analyst, and Project Manager to define software requirements; and to assess feasibility of solution within time constraints.
- Conduct design and peer reviews including individual & team unit testing
- Proactively ensure prompt notification to PM of deviations and manage technical issues in working with other developers.
- Work with the project team to review problems, define and test solutions
- Exercise leadership through superior technical and domain knowledge
- Participation in the preparation of technical design documentation and create implementation instructions to support application deployments
- Evaluate and introduce new tools and techniques to the development team
- Proactive approach to finding solutions and managing problems.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, seek solutions and make recommendations
- Remain up to date of development technologies, both current and future.
- Education & Experience
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant discipline and 5 years of software design engineering
- Background in Microsoft Application Development and Architecture
- Project Lead/management experience
- Technical Leadership Skills
- 5+ Years of .NET experience
- 5+ Years of SQL Server Experience
- Task Management and Project Coordination Skills
- Troubleshooting and Diagnostics skills
- Demonstrated needs analysis skills in a project environment
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and tools (UML)
- Soft Skills
- Experience interfacing with Customers and External users
- Strong written & oral communication skills with the ability to work with different levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects involving a variety of resources with defined deadlines/schedules
- Strong attention to the quality of work delivered (attention to detail)
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
- Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Experience with one or more of the following industries: Mining, Healthcare, Finance, Insurance.
- Microsoft Certification
- Experience driving technology integration and adoption
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple Projects
- Sound Business Intelligence and Reporting skills (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS)
- Web application development (ASP.Net., AJAX , Client-Side libraries: React, Knockout, Angular, Backbone, etc…)
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) etc.
- SharePoint/Office365 platform
- SQL Server/RDBMS/NOSQL and related technologies like BI & Reporting Services
- Integration technologies like BizTalk, IoT hub
- Cloud-based platforms like Azure
- Exposure with TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT