Job Title: Senior Engineer
Type: Contract - 12 months with possibility of extension
Location: Toronto, ON M5K 1J5
Our client is a global leader in delivering technology services and solutions to the world’s most demanding clients. They are currently looking for a regular full-time Senior Engineer to join its Infrastructure Delivery team.
The Senior Engineer position is solutions driven including desk side support responsibilities as well as hardware break fix services on various client products which may include satellite devices and server repair. Hardware break fix products may include desktops, laptops, televisions, basic printers and MF printers.
Candidates must possess the ability to perform moderate to complex troubleshooting and repair activities. Position may require the exercise of complex analytical skills and to make decisions based on established department and company guidelines.
• Providing customer break fix support for designated equipment
• Communicating clearly in written and verbal form
• Possess excellent customer service skills
• Works within established customer service satisfaction criteria Accepting and delivery of all service calls assigned
• Accept and deliver all service calls assigned within the established service level agreements
• Completing all administrative tasks associated with each call
• Responsible for control and return of assets and inventory
• Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
• May provide functional guidance to colleagues
• Typically requires technical school certification or equivalent and 2-5 years of relevant experience
• Maintain all required OEM Certifications
• Ability to drive yourself to client locations
• Ability to drive long distances
• Ability to lift and or move various computer equipment up to 50 lbs. and ladder up to 60 lbs.
• May be required to frequently climb ladders to extended heights
• Valid driver’s license
• Reliable transportation with valid registration and adequate insurance
• Ability to pass pre-employment agility test at date of hire and every 3 years thereafter
• Must pass specific Hughes agility test at date of hire and every 3 years thereafter to be eligible for Hughes Technician duties
• Must own a basic repair tool kit
• Must be part of stand-by rotation in the assigned geography as directed by manager
• Must own basic repair took kit
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products and operating systems
• Must have daily access to an internet capable computer and printer
- Additional requirements may exist if offer of employment is extended