- Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Montreal, QC H4C 2Z6 (100% remote)
Our client is one of the fastest growing Fintech companies within Canada. They are currently looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their team. As a DevOps Specialist you will ensure that company’s services have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs as well as a faster rate of improvement. You will be responsible for the availability, performance, monitoring, and incident response of their API.
Role and Responsibility
- Ensure high availability & failover of the company’s multi-region infrastructure. The aim is for 99.99%.
- Ensure proper monitoring, maintenance and capacity planning of services and resources.
- Deploy and scale the containerized services across cloud providers.
- Contribute to IT operations across the board by providing IT services to internal teams.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the security posture by working with the security team.
- SRE-mindset where you are not afraid of getting into coding even if it is not your forte.
- Min 1 year experience with Linux Operating System.
- Min 1 year of experience with Docker and Kubernates.
- Experience with large scale systems and networks (load balancer, wan balancer, clusters).
- Experience with data storage (object store and databases).
- Ability to write your own tools (bash, powershell, Go, Python, Ruby).
- Focused on automation, repetitiveness, and speed of execution.
- Experience closely working with Agile teams, understanding of in-depth Agile methodologies such as Git, CI/CD.
- Strong commitment to solve customer problems.