Job Title: Senior SQL DBA
Location: Mississauga, ON
Duration: 4 months contact
Provide operational support and database design of databases at a senior level, reporting to a team lead. The majority of the work would center on SQL Server environment. Responsibilities include design, plan, and build new database systems and ensure the consistent, efficient operation of existing database systems. Lastly, the position will require contribution to the on-going efforts of IT/IS to maintain high system availability and optimum performance and provide on-call off-hours database support on a rotational basis.
- Proactively monitors the database environment to identify and troubleshoot performances issues and to make changes to data structures, SQL, application logic or the DBMS subsystem to optimize performance
- Working with development to recommend enhancements to facilitate improved database performance.
- Experience in database infrastructure services including production support, planning and designing, experience in MS SQL Server (all versions 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017) and/or Oracle system (12 c) .
- Experience in SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and SQL clusters with Always ON.
- Manage databases on multi, stretched or hybrid environments (Azure, AWS, SQL Servers, Oracle)
- New Database creation and taking care its Availability and DR requirements as per business units RPO/RTO.
- Create high availability solutions using cluster groups, replications and use multi master scenarios depending upon business requirements.
- Cloud database migration and management expertise.
- Experience in controlling cloud costs.
- Experience in Powershell scripting is must.
- Implement process on downloading on-cloud data to on-PREM and vice-versa.
- Scaling down or scaling up the databases tiers and Elastic pool tiers based on usage or on demand.
- Investigate New SQL Server features, document, and bring rest of the operational team up-to-speed on the new tech.
- Collaborate with other IT Teams to create database architect and document operational tasks for operational DBAs.
- Automate general maintenance tasks on cloud using PowerShell, and Runbooks.
- Maintain security requirements, standards and segregations of duties based on applications on SOX and NON-SOX environments.
- Implement DDL auditing on cloud and collect data centrally to a dedicated server for reporting and implement business reporting to Power BI gateway.
- Proactively identify and rectify security issues and ensures SOX/PCI/GDPR compliance in database environment.
- University degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in a SQL DBA role managing multiple database plate forms on prem and/or cloud.
- Cloud experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon platform is a MUST.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and technical trouble-shooting skills mandatory
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are absolutely essential
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in technology, with strong demonstrated experience in adapting to different technologies
- Experience in database capacity planning
- Knowledge of SQL Server internals beneficial
- Microsoft certification to latest release and to cloud is beneficial
- Some minimal experience in Oracle 12c administration would be beneficial.
- Working experience to AWS and Azure plate form and migration of Onprem to Cloud.
- Knowledge/minimal experience with SAN storage and infrastructure security, Kerberos Authentication will be plus.
- Working experience with 3rd party tools such, Remedy Force, SQLSentry, DPA and PS DBATools.