Start date: Early May
Position: Senior Cost Accountant
Type: Full Time
Vacation: 3 weeks
Location: Markham, ON
Work days: Monday to Friday
Must have skills: Good communication skills
Experience with an ERP system (use MicroSoft Dynamics AX)
Excellent Excel skills
Strong background in cost accounting
Snr Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
Our client currently has an opening for a Senior Cost Accountant to join their team in their Markham office. In this role you will be the business support partner for FDCA manufacturing (Canada). If you have a strong background in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment, excellent Excel skills and a passion for your work, we want to hear from you!
Main function as business support partner for FDCA manufacturing (Canada) and not limited to below describe as for ad hoc assignment provided & revision:
Reviewed of cost BOM structure and managed the standard cost setting process.
Standard cost maintenance includes BOM & Routes rolls up and global standard cost changed
for inventory revaluation purpose.
Reconciliation of inventory sub ledger to ledger, analyse and provide inventory flux
commentary and provide WW inventory reports to respective functional manager.
Liaising with logistics and various departmental heads to conduct and coordinate physical inventory counts.
Prepare and coordinate inventory E&O evaluation.
Prepare, analyses and investigation of manufacturing work order variances (Mat, Lab,
Burden), Mfg absorption variances as well as PPV variances.
Assists in coordinating and preparing departmental annual budget plan, ensure rolling
forecast inline per plan.
Prepare and driving periodical BVA departmental spending/WW reporting as well as assisting
in cost reduction drive.
5 series expenses breakdown and product line gross margin updates (GM Summary) in preparation of quarterly CFO package.
Maintain and tracking capex budget log.
Preparation and closing of month end/quarter end cost accounting journal entries.
Attend to SOX, internal and external audits queries.
Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Preferably Advanced Diploma or Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- 5 or more years relevant cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong aptitude with financial systems and experience in one of the following: Microsoft Dynamics AX, SAP, Oracle, etc
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent Excel skills and Access skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Team player, self-motivated and able to follow deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Access and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility with hours as you will periodically work with colleagues in Singapore, US, and Europe