Position: Senior Bilingual IT Technician / Technical Team Lead
Type: Full time, Permanent
Location: Montreal, QC
In this role, you will require strong IT service & operation skills, be a strong team leader with a high level of integrity, strong work ethic and dependability. You will resolve complex technical challenges with data center systems as well as end-user systems for our dynamic and fast-growing company, supporting a small team of junior and senior technicians while exceeding customer satisfaction goals. You will also work with management on goal setting, supporting project teams for the design and delivery of IT solutions, and establish best practices in the operation and management of our hosted IT solutions. You must be able to provide excellent customer service, be goal oriented, motivated and possess an excellent positive attitude.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead a team of junior and senior IT Technicians in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting data center and end-user IT systems, including physical and virtual servers and network devices, storage systems, fiber networks, and VoIP.
- Effectively identify, and resolve reported problems, tracking and documenting progress throughout using established management software solutions
- Support Help Desk team to aid in the assignment and scheduling of tasks and tickets to technical staff
- Work with the leadership team to develop and enhance business processes and supporting systems to provide great technical services and customer service, establishing and tracking KPIs applicable to the technical team
- Set customer satisfaction goals for technical staff and work with the team to meet and exceed them on a consistent basis
- As the Senior Technical Representative for the company, you will be responsible to address any escalation requests for the technical team when necessary
- Identify and communicate customer requirements and sales opportunities to account management teams
Technical Knowledge Functions
- Microsoft technologies, including Windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory, Azure, Office 365, etc.
- Server and virtualization technologies, including VMware, Hyper-V, Linux, Citrix, etc.
- VoIP Technology
- Networking technologies including switches, firewalls, VPNs, MFA solutions, high-speed fiber, high availability solutions, etc.
- Storage systems, including SAN and NAS
Location: Greater Montreal Area
Must have a valid driver’s license
Bilingual French/ English