Position: Security Consultant
Location: Toronto, ON
Overview of role:
Our client currently seeks a Security Consultant to join their team in downtown Toronto. In this role you will be accountable for all client-specific knowledge and business as it relates to the technologies the company supports for their client. You will have experience as a customer facing Pre-Sales Engineer/Solution Architect that has supported enterprise level clients with exposure to Cisco Firepower ASA NGF/Next Generation Firewalls, Cisco ISE, Cisco Web Filtering, VPN Remote Access Servers, Remote Access VPN, Proof Point Email Filtering, Symantec Antivirus, McAfee Antivirus, Bluecoat Reverse Proxys, HP ArcSight ESM, Flex Connectors, Microsoft Windows Servers, Symantec DLP, CyberArk Viewfinity, Managed IPS, Managed DAC.
- You will support all aspects of a Managed Service client’s experience, individually and through the resources available to them on the team, and through vendors.
- Responsible to provide our client with a full-scale analysis of our clients existing Network Security Infrastructure to provide them with feedback as it relates to any potential egress points or areas of vulnerabilities that pose a threat as it relates to intrusions or penetrations of their network while at the same time providing them with new solutions that would prevent these intrusions from occurring.
- Serve as an escalation point for more complex, difficult or politically sensitive issues, problems, or clients.
- Provide technical direction/guidance for their client’s technologies in collaboration with their lead, and the resources on the team, coordinating incident, change (CAB), or release efforts for their clients.
- Own the client specific BIA knowledge, to ensure the highest satisfaction with the contracted services.
- Attain and maintain an expert level of training, certifications, experience and knowledge, and provide escalation assistance.
- Must have extensive expert experience providing excellent remote support and will be required to participate in troubleshooting problems as well as planning strategically with clients throughout the lifecycle of their services.
- Responsible for all client and business knowledge required to maintain active Availability and Capacity Plans with recommendations for performance enhancements, optimizations, business continuity, as contracted.
- Transitions monitoring, assessing/auditing, managing, and troubleshooting of the client networks to which they are assigned and should have experience resolving complex issues and provide technical analysis as it relates to the following below:
- Expert CLI Knowledge to Remotely Manage and Configure Cisco ASA NGF 5500/5540/5585 X Series Firewalls.
- Ability to review SIEM Device LOGS from multiple Vendor Devices, & Trouble Shoot Flex Connectors.
- Experience with Supporting & Troubleshooting Remote Access VPN & VPN Remote Access Servers.
- Remote Hands on Experience with Supporting & Troubleshooting Managed Web Security Appliances such as Bluecoat ACL White List / Black Listing, Trouble Shooting Cloud Based Web Filtering Appliances, Well Versed with Troubleshooting Data Loss & Implementing Process to Provide Intellectual Property.
- Individual is well versed with Antivirus Programs such as Symantec & McAfee as it relates to procedural concept methodologies & best practices that will maintain and fortify the clients network security.
- Remote Hands-on Experience with Managed Email Security Vendors such as Proofpoint and can identify what occurrences or instances will transpire within the client’s IT Network Security Environment and can identify what should be blocked and also identify what is suppressing incoming email traffic.
- Has hands on experience with Managed Device Access Control and the methodology as it relates to controlling IT Network Devices within an IT Network Security Environment.
- Individual also has direct hands on experience as it relates to reporting out of HP ArcSight ESM, Ability to interpret Flex Connectors & Trouble Shoot Flex Connectors from multiple Vendor Devices.
Bachelor’s or higher-level degree in Computer Science or a closely related field, or 15+ years related work experience within Enterprise Network Security & Network Device Environments ranging from the following security vendors such as Cisco, Bluecoat, HP ArcSight, CyberArk, Microsoft Servers & IPS/IDS solutions.
Preferred certification(s): Professional-level Expert-level preferred or at least actively In-Progress, i.e CCIE Lab Certified, or CCNP Lab Certified, Cisco Fire Jumper Certified.
Palo Alto (most of their systems use Palo Alto), Cyber Arc, Symantec, End point protection. Automation/ Devops is an asset. The are majorly into firewalls, vulnerability management. Good experience in change management, access technology needs, ability make recommendations/ provide guidance. Real time threat monitoring, mitigations. Familiar with security standards. Exceptional communication skills and personality. Ability to work and interact with anyone from CEO, COO to line level.