Job Title: Second Level Maintenance Technician (Barrie)
Type: Contract - 3 months, with possibility of extension and perm offer
Location: Barrie, ON
Starts: March 8th 2021
Ends: June 4th 2021
Pay Rate: $22.00/hr
Shifts: Must be available to work 7 days/week between 7:00 am and 11:59 PM, however, technicians will be scheduled for 5 consecutive shifts (i.e., Monday to Friday 7 AM to 3 PM, or Tuesday to Saturday 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM etc.)
Our client will be providing a vehicle for the 2 selected candidates however, they MUST have a 100% clean driving record
- Service electromechanical equipment like ATMs and self-checkout systems within an assigned territory—with the goal of keeping our customers completely assured and satisfied.
- Oversee hardware maintenance, installation, network management, multi-vendor maintenance, and software support.
- Unleash your manual skills on products like peripherals, large system printers, plotters, enterprise level servers, communications equipment, networks, and item processing sorters. We’re talking Ethernet, Token-Ring, StarLAN, NetBIOS, X.25—the whole gamut.
- Build great working relationships among colleagues and customers based on our customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs). When issues come up, your job is to respond them by either handling them, or by pulling in the proper associate, team member, or territory manager who can.
- Perform maintenance repair and system overhauls as a matter of routine (like modular swaps and unit replacements). You’ll surely always be on the lookout for preventative measures you can take to correct any and all technical problems before they happen.
- Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing, as well as stay in contact to ensure we’re providing the best possible service.
- High School diploma or equivalent (though an Associate’s Degree is preferred).
- Up to three years of related experience (but more than that is always a plus).
- A+ Certification, PC skills, basic electronic skills, and some specific hardware and operating system familiarity.
- Knowledge of systems architecture, database management systems, and network and systems management systems.
- Amazing flexibility and a positive attitude. No. Matter. What. (We’re talking some nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts, and being on call to keep our customers happy.)
- A strong back. This position must require prolonged travel, rotating shifts, carrying and lifting tools and parts weighting up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- A CE II may be dispatched daily on a call-by-call basis. Also, this position conducts work at customer site(s) and local NCR offices.