Job Title: IT Field Maintenance Technician
Duration: Contract - 3 month (possibility of extension)
Location: Scarborough, Ontario M1P 4Y9
Rotation shifts: You will work various and rotating shifts between 7 AM to Midnight, 7 days per week. The schedule is 5 consecutive days/week, 8-hour shifts.
Starts: As soon as possible
- Must have a technical diploma and a minimum of 1-year field experience
- Must have a valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle.
- Be responsible for basic installation, maintenance, and repairs on equipment within an assigned territory—all while keeping customers completely assured and satisfied. (And in compliance with agreed-upon Service Level Agreements, of course.)
· Day to day task – Break-Fix services to end client – POS and Financial
- Wield your manual skills and perform work on products like ATMs, POS systems, kiosks, and workstations.
- Assist in site preparation, including installation of cable, the staging of equipment, and minor testing of equipment.
- Be a guardian of all assets used in the delivery of customer services (that’s tools, software, vehicles, documentation, and intellectual property). Which means you’ll maintain stellar records and an appropriate parts inventory.
- Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing and stay in contact to make sure we’re providing the best possible service.
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- Someone who just can’t help resolving problems before they start. We don’t know how you do it. But keep it coming. Because you’ll be a superstar when it comes to performing periodic preventative maintenance.
- Driven to tackle any situation thrown at you, but also confident enough to ask for help when you need it. So, if you’re ever feeling stuck in your role as a CE I, you’d always pull in the proper associate, team member, or territory manager who can help.
- A stickler for record-keeping. This comes in handy when you’re asked to log all customer calls and activity, plus track all expenses incurred in the delivery of services (like phone calls or driving).
- Amazing flexibility and a positive attitude. No. Matter. What. (We’re talking nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts, and being on call to keep our customers happy.)
- Your team in mind, even when you have to work solo.
- A strong back. This position must require prolonged travel, rotating shifts, carrying, and lifting tools and parts weighing up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
Tools required, standard technicians’ tools:
- Side cutters
- Allen Keys
- Measuring Tape
- Multibit Screwdriver
- 12.7/16 wrench or wrench set