Title: Second Level Maintenance Technician (SLM)
Location: Mississauga, ON
Type: Contract: 4 months (possible extension)
Start date: September
- Must have access to a vehicle, mileage expense will be included.
- Working hours: Rotating 9 hour shifts 5 days a week which could includes weekends.
- Must be available to work between 7am and Midnight.
- The is field service so selected candidate will be on road 90% of the time.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, installations, maintenance, and repairs on equipment within an assigned territory
- Day to day task – Break Fix services for the client (POS and Financial)
- Perform work on products like POS systems, kiosks, workstations and ATMs
- Assist in site preparation, including installation of cable, staging of equipment, and minor testing of equipment
- Be responsible of all assets used in the delivery of customer services; tools, software, vehicles, documentation, and intellectual property. Maintaining accurate records and an appropriate parts inventory list.
- Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing and stay in contact to make sure we’re providing the best possible service.
- The technicians will be provided one week training on the equipment before being dispatched as a result they must be quick learners.
- Technicians will be compensated for millage
- Technicians MUST have a car and will be driving between locations
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Have at 1 – 2 years of field service experience doing hardware roll-outs, refreshes, and other deployment related activities
- Have at 1 – 2 years of desk side support experience
- Have strong internet working and troubleshooting skills
- Have A+ certification
- May have other vendor certifications from Cisco, Microsoft and/or from OEMs (Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo, HP)
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to complete tasks effectively with minimal supervision
- Must have a minimum of a Diploma from a recognized IT program
- Networking, Mechanical and ATM experience will be an asset
Tools required, standard technicians tools:
- Side cutters
- Allen Keys
- Measuring Tape
- MultiBit Screw driver
- 12.7/16 wrench or wrench set