Job Title: Second Level Maintenance Technician
Type: 5 Months Contract
Location: Hamilton, ON
Start Date: March 2nd 2020
End Date: July 31st 2020
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8AM to 5PM for the full duration
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- A fantastic communicator who does everything in your power to meet customers’ needs—someone who follows up to make sure you did the work right.
- A stickler for record-keeping. Which comes in handy when you’re asked to log all customer calls and activity, plus track all expenses incurred in the delivery of services (like phone calls or driving).
- Someone looking to tackle an intense but rewarding role. You like responsibility and are outstanding at managing everything and are motivated self-starter who can be depended upon to work efficiently and with little supervision.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Upload install photo’s to an online portal.
- Box deinstalled equipment in new equipment box. Affix return label and waybill for return. Remove from site.
- Installation of a router
- Deinstallation of existing equipment – replace with new.
- Go to installation site and Pick up of installation hardware. Drop off old equipment deinstalled the day before and return ship to provided address
- Perform hardware maintenance, installation, network management, multi-vendor maintenance, and software support.
- Build great working relationships among colleagues and customers based on our customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs). When issues come up, your job is to respond to them by either handling them, or by pulling in the proper associate, team member, or territory manager who can.
- Perform maintenance repair and system overhauls as a matter of routine (like modular swaps and unit replacements). You’ll surely always be on the lookout for preventative measures you can take to correct any and all technical problems before they happen.
- Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing, as well as stay in contact to ensure we’re providing the best possible service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and/or ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Have at least 3 years of experience doing hardware rollouts, refreshes, and other deployment-related activities
- Have at least 1 year of Field experience/ on-site experience
- Have strong internetworking and troubleshooting skills
- Must be a self-starter and can manage multiple tasks
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to complete tasks effectively with minimal supervision
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Networking, OLG experience will be an asset
- A valid provincial license (not a learner’s permit) and a clean driver’s record
- 3 years of related experience (but more than that is always a plus).
- A+ Certification, PC skills, basic electronic skills, and some specific hardware and operating system familiarity.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and current Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of systems architecture, database management systems, and network and systems management systems.
- This position must require prolonged travel carrying and lifting tools and parts weighing up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- A car will be mandatory as the selected candidate will need to carry a good amount of parts, so a midsized vehicle at minimum is required.
- Spare Ethernet cables (for testing)
- Basic Hand Tools (Screwdrivers including #1(Green), #2(Red) and #3(Black) Robertson, Phillips, Side Cutters, Torx T10 Screwdriver, Small Pliers or Crescent wrench)
- Company will supply some software USB’s needed.