- Position: Scrum Master
- Type: Full Time
- Location: Downtown Toronto, ON
Our client currently seeks a Scrum Master to assist in the delivery of high-profile products and streams, as well as, be responsible for the adoption and implementation of Agile values and principles during their agile transformation.
- Build relationships with delivery partners, removing impediments and driving the work of an innovative team that are at the outset of an agile transformation.
- Lead and mentor team members while actively contributing to the delivery approach and processes.
- Providing coaching and support to the team on agile principles and values and ensure adherence to them.
- Introducing new and advanced practices to help the team improve and become more efficient.
- Applying techniques for effective workflow management (e.g. Kanban or Scrum Boards)
- Providing support to the team in a servant leader style and help define the delivery model of the future
- Overseeing and/or facilitating the day-to-day the Agile ceremonies
- Working with core team members to ensure that all elements of the sprints are planned and delivered in accordance with team velocity
- Continuously refining and improving quality of stories ensuring business value and acceptance criteria are clearly articulated
- Collaborating with other teams and scrum masters to manage cross dependencies and sequencing of deliverables
- Expediting issues resolution, negotiating and influencing people at all levels to ensure the impediments are resolved in a timely manner
- Working closely with business partners to ensure all approved project initiatives are resourced accurately and timely
- 5+ years’ experience in a Scrum Master position, preferably on the digital or mobile side of retail, in an Agile environment.
- University degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Scrum Master Certification is a must have.
- Understanding of product delivery and how the backend of a product is built and works.
- Exposure to Agile software tools such as Atlassian, Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with web, e-Commerce and mobile technologies is a nice to have.
- Skilled negotiator and navigator with ability to calmly and resourcefully challenge situations, roadblocks, ambiguity, conflicts and change requests.
- Detail-oriented to accomplish milestones and able to find pragmatic solutions to problems.
- Expertise in working closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify challenges and develop effective strategies to realize visions and increase adoption of agile principles.
- Excellent communicator in formal, informal, large, small, verbal and written communications.
- Ability to anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external project partners.
- Forward thinker and can innovate solutions to keep the project and business moving forward.
- Enthusiasm for working in a transforming environment and excited to lead and implement growth and opportunity.
- Excellent collaborator flexible and open to the ideas of others.