Role: Intermediate I.T Project Manager, Planning & Control
Location: New Westminster, BC.
Duration: 12 months
- Attends meetings, engages PMs/Leads, and conducts various reviews and analyses to develop 1) an understanding of the overall project plan and objectives; 2) a detailed understanding of the project milestones and dependencies; 3) a detailed understanding of stakeholders and their roles; 4) a detailed understanding of project and/or organizational processes; 5) an intermediate level understanding of foundational technologies (e.g. VDI, GPOs, etc.); 6) any other relevant drivers and constraints.
- Facilitates integrated project planning working sessions and documents. outcomes (i.e. update MS Project Plan, Schedule, Project Charter, etc.).
- Collates work stream project plans into an integrated project plan.
- Manages changes and additions to the integrated project plan and project charter (as required).
- Participates in incident management meetings and documents outcomes.
- Oversees the project recruitment/resource management activities such as consultant statements of work, onboarding/off-boarding procedures, etc.
- Monitors project milestones and reports on progress each week including any variances relative to baseline.
- Engages PMs and/or Leads to understand root cause of delays, and identifies issues, challenges, and support requirements; provides status updates to the Program Director and Senior PM Project Delivery as required
- Provides PMs and/or Leads with required support and completes other activities to ensure impacts are mitigated to the fullest extent as related to non-technical workstreams
- Acts as an internal quality control check for the project.
- Prepares monthly status dashboards, PQTO reports and other reports as directed by the Program Director and/or Senior PM Project Delivery.
- Prepares materials for, and provides support to, the Senior PM – Project Delivery, Senior PM – Finance and Executive Governance and Program Director – i.e. presentation materials for governance, key stakeholder groups, etc.
- Leads in weekly RAID meeting; works with Project Admin Coordinator to document and follows up on outcomes.
- Initiates change requests as required.
- Other PM/BA duties as required.
- Both strategic awareness/thinking and strong detail orientation with the ability to smoothly transition between states as required (e.g. meeting facilitation).
- Analytical and broad-based technical knowledge/skills; with ability to think through details and tactics without losing sight of overall strategic goals.
- Exceptional tactical and critical strategic thinking.
- Prior experience with IT/infrastructure and/or clinical/healthcare projects.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to effectively monitor and support project plans and complete deliverables with stringent timelines.
- Transformational awareness and expertise.
- Ability to describe business outcome and benefits in layperson terms.
- Ability to extract information and knowledge from complex sources.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple clinical and business stakeholders.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, while influencing and supporting.
- Strong business analysis skills and experience in business/clinical processes development.
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office toolsets (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Process oriented.
- Relationship building at all levels (i.e. end-users to C-level).
- Senior-level ability to translate and express clinical, process and technical problems using business terms.
- Senior-level documentation and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively facilitate discussions with a diverse group of stakeholders, users, etc.
- Strong team leadership skills that motivate and encourage collaboration.
- Understanding of how to interpret customer business and clinical needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including business and technical writing skills.