Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Mississauga ON
Start Date: August 2, 2021
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday/ 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Reports To: VP Technical Services
As the Project Manager your overall responsibility is for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project. You will work closely with management to ensure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Plan and implement small to large scale projects.
- Direct all aspects of the project planning and execution phases.
- Work with project team members to create detailed project plans.
- Engage resources as required by the plan for the successful deployment of the project.
- Detail and assign work package plans.
- Meet regularly with the team to follow up on tasks, deliverables and issues.
- Communicate status to the client via written reports and meeting or teleconferences.
- Track project plan to baseline against time and budget constraints.
- Manage project scope & budget and handle scope change requests using appropriate documentation.
- Log, monitor and handle project issues, analyze & recommend viable alternatives.
- Hold weekly team meetings and attend client meetings.
- Lead the team members towards the successful conclusion of the project.
- Act as a single point of contact for both the internal team and the client team.
- Manage customer expectations.
- Ensure a high level of customer service and view toward repeat business.
- Use project methodology.
- Ensure proper documentation is completed & stored where accessible. Documentation includes Statement of Work, plan, schedule, scope changes log, issues log, risk assessment, minutes of status meeting and PIR
- Provide accurate and up to date reporting on the P&L of all projects
- Must report on the customer satisfaction of the projects; target is a letter of reference or project survey.
- Must manage and escalate issues as required.
- Minimum 3 years of successful experience as a Project Manager within the IT industry
- Post-secondary degree/certification or equivalent experience, PMP certification (desirable)
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently from inception to project close
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Advanced skills in written and verbal communication
- Analytical, systematic and forward thinker
- Computer literacy; proficient in Microsoft Office tools including word processing, spreadsheet, flowchart & presentation and project management software