Position: Mechanical Assembler/Production Technician
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Markham, ON
Our client, a leader in their field, currently has an opening for a Production Technician to join their team in Markham. Join a great team in a beautiful, modern work environment!
- Perform complete hands-on assembly of electric and mechanical modules, integration, operation and testing of complicated analytical production instruments
- Participates in assembly and testing of the CyTOF® and other related instruments.
- Demonstrate thoroughness, attention to detail and meticulousness of assembly and testing are critical
- Strictly follow the protocols and standard operating procedures
- Write test reports and other documentation (including revised and new SOPs)
- Participate in improvement and preparation of documentation
- Servicing and refurbishing of returned instruments
- Work in collaboration and support other departments, such as R&D projects
- Technical diploma (electrical or mechanical) combined with relevant work experience is a must have
- 2-5 years of experience in hands-on assembly of complicated electrical or mechanical or optical assemblies - including as many of the following: cables, electrical power distribution modules, vacuum systems, delicate ion-optical modules, precision piezo ceramic/stepper motors and Laser.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills with electrical, mechanical, components (optical is a nice to have)
- Knowledgeable and proficient in lead-free soldering
- Manual dexterity and ability to handle small delicate assemblies
- Sound analytical skills
- Ability to comprehend and follow complicated electrical, mechanical drawings and performs measurement and verification of parts compliance to drawings.
- Ability to solve complicated instrument malfunction problems independently and with minimum supervision
- Familiarity with QPulse Document Management System or any other ISO System
- Team player, positive attitude, and punctual
- Strong learning and communication skills
- Open to new ideas and concepts
- Proficient with Excel and other applications for data analysis, a nice to have
- Occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 Lb) during assembly operations may be required.