Job Title: Cadence Allegro PCB Design Engineer
Type: Contract - 3 months
Location: North York, ON
Start Date: April 2020
End Date: July 3rd 2020 or 3 months after starts
Our client is seeking a PCB Design Engineer for a 3 month contract in their Toronto Office whom will drive the technical development, on time delivery and cost optimization of PCB solutions for products based on complex processors.
Design, in collaboration with engineers from all competencies of the System Engineering team (thermal, mechanical, board design, power design, SI/PI etc.), PCB solutions for graphics cards, create product reference designs, and/or mobile systems.
- Drive all aspects of the PCB design, from scoping/planning, path finding and trial layout, material selection, vendor engagement, layout review and more for all new designs.
- With inputs from engineering, create PCB designs and design verification checks.
- Work with Engineers for parts placements, and routing that satisfy design requirements and adhere to IPC and company standards.
- Create layer stack ups that meet all design requirements and interface with PCB vendors as required. Work within placement and thermal constraints defined by Mechanical Engineers and Power Design engineers to create optimal layouts.
- Create and manage all aspects of component library and create full documentation packages and manage release process into company-wide PLM system.
- Quickly perform fit checks during early stages of designs and you will manage all ECO's and other documentation changes related to all PCB designs.
- Create and manage the 3D model required by Mechanical Engineers.
- Work closely with internal DFM team to ensure design is in compliance with internals’ DFA and DFM practices.
- Generate PCB output files to be sent for Design for Manufacturing (DFM) review and board houses for fabrication.
- Work with key OEM/ODM/ODC partners in support of their designs.
- 5+ years of experience delivering high-speed interfaces and high-power low voltage multi-layer PCB
- Excellent working knowledge of PCB Design within Cadence Allegro PCB Design
- Excellent knowledge of power delivery, thermal, mechanical, electrical and SI, PI design principles
- Proficient with Constraint Manager
- Experience in delivering products to market for successful high-volume production
- Knowledge of DFM, DFA, DFC
- Experience with manufacturing processes and implications to yield
- Knowledge of finishing options and associated costs
- Experience with cost optimization
- Ability to drive manufacturers remotely to resolve technical issues or push for timely delivery
- Experience with the typical requirements of regulatory and compliance validation for consumer electronics
- Familiar with SKILL, LISP, PERL code for scripting is a plus