Job Title: Partner Specialist
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Our client is currently looking for a Partner Specialist to focus upon company’s Account Managers with technical presales questions on a specific assigned vendor partner while conducting proactive activities to increase sales. Partner Specialists will have direct day-to-day contact with company’s Account Managers and engagement with customers. Partner Specialist role is also responsible for educating Account Managers on the technologies and resources available to them for their assigned vendor partner.
Partner specialist – field questions regarding servicer business, building out BOMs, customer calls, pre sales resource for server business at HPE. ATP or ASE in servers are credentials that are nice to haves. Time management skills, how to facilitate business on a day to day basis.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for answering presales technical questions relating to their assigned partner or category
- Educating account managers on the products and resources to help them become as self-sufficient as possible.
- Responsible for reviewing quotes and orders to minimize RMAs and identify potential add-on opportunities.
- Identify tools for increasing Account Manager productivity.
- Obtain relevant industry certifications and attend approved outside trainings.
- Develop sales tools to assist account managers in providing solutions to their customers.
- Daily tracking of interactions with Account Managers, trainings and other job-related activities.
- Conduct conference calls and customer presentations as necessary.
- Assist in training of Account Managers.
- Work with other departments to further relationships with customers, Partners, and Account Managers.
- Assist assigned Partners with internal marketing efforts designed to increase sales.
- Concentrate on certain areas of technology driven by partner focus or company technology objectives.
Essential Function Time Allocation
- 10% Vendor meetings/Conference calls
- 60% Sales support via email, conference calls, and customer visits.
- 10% Execute Marketing plans on the sales floor.
- 20% Work with vendor’s Product Managers
- Work with the Product Management team on the execution of special marketing programs and sales incentives
- Provide feedback to the PPM groups concerning stocking levels and sales trends/feedback
- Responsible for reviewing sales pipeline and communicating opportunities to leadership and partners
- 4-year college degree or 2 years industry experience in a pre-sales consultation role.
- 2+ years experience in IT Channel Sales.
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Proven group presentations skills.
- Outgoing personality.
- Motivated and self starting.
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Concentrate on certain areas of technology driven by partner focus or company technology objective
- Experience in technology sales
- Certifications (Network+, Server+, MCSE)
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment