- Job Title: Oracle SBC Engineer
- Type: Contract (6 months)
- Location: Downtown Toronto, ON
Our client is currently looking for an Oracle SBC (Session Border Controller) Engineer with hands on experience in installations, up-grades, support and clean-ups of existing SBC’s for a 6 months contract Downtown Toronto, ON.
- Work directly with Security and Telecommunications, Wireless, and Data Services Divisions to deploy Oracle Session Border Controller (SBC) solutions.
- Testing of Oracle SBC, SIP to Integrated Access Devices (IADs), and SIP to PBX technologies.
- Implementation and support of Oracle SBC hardware & software.
- Perform system maintenances, upgrades and migrations.
- Provide input to the problem management process, including assessing and evaluating software and hardware anomalies.
- Support the root cause analysis efforts to determine problems and develop remediation activities.
- Interface with vendor support service groups to ensure proper support during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Address Tier III escalation issues.
- Bachelor degree in a Computer Science/Computer Engineering related discipline or 8+ years of experience in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years IT Security/Network Engineering Support experience (Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance)
- Expert experience with Oracle Session Border Controllers (4 to 5 years minimum)
- Experienced with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation.
- Strong understanding of routing/switching technologies, IP addressing/subnetting, and network traffic analysis/troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of Oracle SBC and EOM products
Nice to have
- Oracle Communications Session Border Controller Implementation Essentials certification (Exam code: 1Z0-400)
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively,
- Self-awareness, and
- Excellent written and Oral communications.