Job Title: Operations Manager - Managed Services
Location: Mississauga ON
Start Date: August 2, 2021
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday/ 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Reports To: VP Technical Services
As the Operations Manager you will have overall responsibility for delivering Managed Services to a large enterprise customer with a dedicated operations team.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Manage a dedicated Managed Services Operations Team including full employee lifecycle, scheduling, and professional development.
- Responsible for a 24 X 7 Managed Services operation, ensuring systems and teams meet SLA performance objectives and all designated KPIs
- Lead regular all-hands team meetings and daily stand ups.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching.
- Serve as primary escalation point within Managed Services Operations for internal and customer escalations
- Define, gather, analyze and report on KPIs which demonstrate SLA achievement, volumes and quality of services delivered.
- Extend and enhance adoption of ITIL processes where applicable. Own the Incident, Change, and Problem Management process areas.
- Develop and extend standard troubleshooting and escalation processes.
- Responsible for the Post Incident Review process including Post Incident Report creation where required.
- Work collaboratively with assigned Service Delivery Managers, Project Managers and the Account Management team to ensure overall quality of service and customer satisfaction remains high.
- Work with external vendors to manage vendor contract compliance and SLA achievement.
- Ensure maintenance plans, information controls, monitoring and alerting systems, back-up and recovery strategies are in place across all managed systems and environments.
- Develop and implement short and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- 3+ years of proven experience as an IT Operations Manager or similar role
- 10+ years of progressively responsible roles within IT Infrastructure and/or Service Delivery.
- Managed Services experience is preferred.
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications.
- Experience with ITSM Ticketing systems including Service Now.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.