Job Title: Office Administrator & Bookkeeper
Duration: Full time / Permanent
Start Date: March
Location: Markham ON
Work hours: 40 hours per week – daily work hours 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
We are looking for an Office Administrator & Bookkeeper to support our growing team and company long term.
- Answer phones and direct calls to appropriate team members
- Scanning, filing, faxing and filling of documents as needed
- Support Directors and Management with various requests for scheduling calls, meeting setup, etc.
- Joining meetings for note taking and sending out meeting minutes/follow up actions to team members
- Creation and management of all business contacts into outlook system
- Creation of Process documents to create standardization of processes
- Management and Organization of SharePoint site
- Payments to service providers/ vendors or depositing of cheques
- Organizing/Scheduling of activities or work required
Offices Maintenance & Supplies
- Scheduling Maintenance & Service Providers as needed and recurring schedules across locations
- Cost-effective Supplies Ordering for all offices: Automate and Delegate where possible
- Main point of contact for all work/service providers related to BSC facilities
- Identifying cost-effective and efficient Service providers where needed
- Ensuring Clean and organized office spaces: Implementing and enforcing policies where necessary
- Purchasing products/supplies/tools as required by the business regularly
- Ensuring receipts and records are kept of all items purchased as required by accounting team
- Ensure items are received and manage returns end to end where necessary
Bookkeeping/ Data entry
- Reconciling expenses/receipts by entering into systems to support Accounting department
- regular scanning of documents for accounting purposes
- Inventory tracking
- Reporting or auditing tasks as needed
- Scheduling of interview times
- Support in the onboarding process for new team members including but not limited to facilitating background checks, new employee profile creation in our systems, scheduling of tasks required to be completed.
- Collection and filing of information related to new team members
- Liaison with recruiters and job developers
This role is very dynamic in nature and has a big impact to the team!
Efficiency is a big part of our company culture. To us this means being able to do more with less, always finding better, smarter and easier ways to do things without compromising quality. An example of this could look like automatic reordering of supplies regularly or adopting a new tool that makes a process so much simpler.
Organization is equally important. It enables your ability to be both efficient and effective. Organization to us means using tools (calendars, SharePoint and other internal tools) to keep things where they need to be. It also means taking appropriate notes when being assigned a task so that the task can be completed to meet expectations. Organization also includes having guides and documents created and in the right places so that yourself and others can easily refer back them to be able to complete a task.
Being Detail oriented is key and we need an individual who has an amazing eye for details! Being detail oriented reduces the need to go back and forth between different individuals we work with (internal or external). We always strive to do things right the first time and learn from mistakes quickly so they never occur again. Details are also important in anything related to bookkeeping and reporting which the business relies upon.
Finally majority of what you will do will be on the computer. It’s CRUCIAL that you are extremely comfortable on the computer and using Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Many of the tools we use can be learnt through online tutorials and courses, requiring you to be open to continuously self-learning to increase your efficiency and in turn making regular tasks easier for you and more impactful towards the team!
More about us:
Our company is comprised of an amazing team of individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are lean in nature and most team members have multi-functioning positions within the company. We are approaching a decade of existence and have experienced tremendous growth and learning throughout the years and as a result of the different ideas brought forward by past and current team members.
We praise new ideas, new methods of doing things and learning what works and what doesn’t. We promote thinking outside the box to solve problems and often look at how we can simplify or automate any process we do, freeing up valuable time of any team members and making tasks easier to complete!
We strive for an ever-evolving company culture and team where we learn, grow and have fun with everyone we work with!
- High Level of Organization: this is CRUCIAL for this role and for your success at our company.
- Detail oriented: Your will be involved in work that requires high attention to detail. Taking notes, listening, asking questions and double checking the work you do is extremely important.
- High Computer proficiency: Very comfortable on the computer using outlook, excel and other Microsoft products and learning new tools on the computer.
- Love to learn/ Growth Mindset: Whether it be new applications required, processes or ways we do things. The learning will be ongoing and continuous with the objective of improving what/how we do, simplifying and reducing complexity!
- Resourceful/Outcome focused: Using different approaches where existing don’t work to achieve the end goal
- Great listening skills: Whether instructions or to feedback
- Positive Attitude/Energy
- Team Player/Love to work with others
- Post-secondary education in business, computers, or office management
- OR/AND Office Admin or Similar Position for 3-5+ years
- Finance or accounting experience
- Excel Intermediate Level
- Outlook Expert Level
- SharePoint Intermediate Level